Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu A couple of commercial questions  

Author Topic: A couple of commercial questions  (Read 72979 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: A couple of commercial questions
« Reply #100 on: Aug 05, 2009, 09:20 »
Without asking for all of the pros and cons of staying in or getting out, would the current economic situation still make it "panic re-enlisting" for a guy to re-up now?

How is the nuclear industry fairing in this "financial meltdown"?  Are any companies slowing down how many new people they hire?  Any companies laying people off?

I heard that Exelon laid off 500 people.  And we (Entergy) just imposed a hiring freeze...even though there are about 650 open positions in the fleet.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #101 on: Aug 05, 2009, 09:53 »
I heard that Exelon laid off 500 people.  And we (Entergy) just imposed a hiring freeze...even though there are about 650 open positions in the fleet.

Yes but our layoffs were nothing to due with the generation or delivery side of the house. The exelon layoffs involved things like HR and other similar departments. Many of them involved merging redundant positions in an effort to better streamline the business, and all made economical sense. We are still hiring.

Justin

M1Ark

« Reply #102 on: Aug 05, 2009, 02:21 »
...If you are an operator, you will not calculate ECP's...

Not true.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?