Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu College-in-highschool programs honeypot

Author Topic: College-in-highschool programs  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Jester

• Light User
  • Potential Nuke
College-in-highschool programs
« on: Feb 09, 2010, 04:09 »
For those who have done college-in-highschool programs and are interested in the nuke field.

My history is thus: I took two standard years of high school, then took college classes towards both an AA and my HS diploma. I graduated with both in 2005, my diploma being from an academy linked to the technical college that I was attending at the time. I continued on to take classes at a different community college, and have a total of ~250 quarter credit hours. I was supposed to swear into DEP this Thursday, but have been informed that if you graduated or are graduating from a highschool or academy that was attached to a college, it may not count as a "Tier 1" education despite any college credits you may have. That is, it isn't a "real" diploma, and thus is a "Tier 2" education.

From what I understand, a "Tier 2" education includes:
GED
CHSPE
Certificates of Competency, Completion, or Attendance
Alternative/Continuation High Schools
Home Study
Correspondence School Diploma
Occupational Program Certificate

What this means to you:
If you fall into one of these categories, you may have to take the NAPT, aka nuke test, even if your ASVAB score qualifies you outright for the nuke program.

For more information on the NAPT look here:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=6442.0;all
Potential Nuke - Help me learn!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?