Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The Hanford Saga honeypot

Author Topic: The Hanford Saga  (Read 60570 times)

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
The Hanford Saga
« on: Aug 22, 2012, 04:54 »
More layoffs coming, more techs called back, and more people who were fired getting their spots back.  Where does it all end? 8)

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Re: The Hanford Saga
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2012, 05:38 »
End? there is no end.-------Watchmen
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

bigdog46

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2012, 09:25 »
Washington Closure declines to renew for fy13 with Eberline Services RCT and Industrial Hygiene they will self perform.

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2012, 11:16 »
Will the Eberline techs be absorbed by WCH or is time to hit the road? And idea?

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2012, 11:20 »
Any ideas on how the clump of waste found between the inner and outer shell of AY-102 could affect the site's future? I can't believe it's a good day there on the Lazy H if the double shells are found to be leaking - even if its just the inner shell

.http://phys.org/news/2012-08-leak-safety-hanford-nuclear-site.html

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2012, 06:19 »
Will the Eberline techs be absorbed by WCH or is time to hit the road? And idea?

Almost a given, techs will roll to WCH due to site wide seniority.

105KW :-)

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2012, 01:08 »
Wow.  After some of the goings on with the layoffs etc the last couple of days, I have concluded that this is the most corrupt and cowardly union I have ever been a part of.  Good luck to those being let go.

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2012, 11:59 »
Wow.  After some of the goings on with the layoffs etc the last couple of days, I have concluded that this is the most corrupt and cowardly union I have ever been a part of.  Good luck to those being let go.
Can you be more specific, turkeypoint?

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2012, 01:08 »
This forum is not really the place to go into detail, but all of us should pay close attention to what our "union" is allowing to happen. 

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2012, 02:48 »
This forum is not really the place to go into detail, but all of us should pay close attention to what our "union" is allowing to happen. 

Especially if it involves names or libel or slander.

7. Peoples name's: It's a bad idea to use them, they lead to law suits. Some names are already censored because of this. Don't use names in stories or messages that could in any way be taken wrong.
No libel or defamatory messages.

Libel   Published material meeting three conditions: the material is defamatory either on its face or indirectly; the defamatory statement is about someone who is identifiable to one or more persons; and the material must be distributed to someone other than the offended party; i.e. posted on NukeWorker. 

Defamatory   An imputation is defamatory if it is calculated to engender: 'hatred, contempt or ridicule of', 'lowering the estimation of', or causing people to 'shun or avoid'. 

[rulez]

I apologize to those who think I may be jumping the gun, but having been on these forums for ten years this coversation has given me a little DeJa Vue. This is also a good time for a CEU (Continuing Education Unit) for general use of the forums.

;)  [GH]

Offline Bigchris

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Sep 29, 2012, 01:52 »
Especially if it involves names or libel or slander.

7. Peoples name's: It's a bad idea to use them, they lead to law suits. Some names are already censored because of this. Don't use names in stories or messages that could in any way be taken wrong.
No libel or defamatory messages.

Libel   Published material meeting three conditions: the material is defamatory either on its face or indirectly; the defamatory statement is about someone who is identifiable to one or more persons; and the material must be distributed to someone other than the offended party; i.e. posted on NukeWorker. 

Defamatory   An imputation is defamatory if it is calculated to engender: 'hatred, contempt or ridicule of', 'lowering the estimation of', or causing people to 'shun or avoid'. 

[rulez]

I apologize to those who think I may be jumping the gun, but having been on these forums for ten years this coversation has given me a little DeJa Vue. This is also a good time for a CEU (Continuing Education Unit) for general use of the forums.

;)  [GH]
We are working under the principle that a statement is not libelous or slanderous if the statement is true, aren’t we?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 29, 2012, 10:35 »
We are working under the principle that a statement is not libelous or slanderous if the statement is true, aren’t we?

That would be true but the site still has a "No names" rule and rule #4.

4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

bosshogg

« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2012, 10:20 »
Just left Hanford one ago after 28 years. Got left holding the bag at PFP after the great exodus to the tank farms. Best thing that ever happened to leave and return to commercial nuke. Good luck with all the drama! :)

tagline

« Reply #13 on: Oct 02, 2012, 09:10 »
Just left Hanford one ago after 28 years. Got left holding the bag at PFP after the great exodus to the tank farms. Best thing that ever happened to leave and return to commercial nuke. Good luck with all the drama! :)

Spent 16 months at Hanford and would rather be there then at commercial sites. Did not see any drama at all. I would go back to Hanford anytime, I meet some great techs and ever better people.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #14 on: Oct 08, 2012, 03:30 »

Hope all is well in SC ...Say Hi to Mila :-)

bosshogg

« Reply #15 on: Oct 09, 2012, 02:38 »
She says hi, will be returning soon...........

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Oct 09, 2012, 03:24 »
She says hi, will be returning soon...........

bet she hates that ! :-) But her cube awaits :-)
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2012, 03:25 by 105KW »

duke99301

« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2012, 11:20 »
Ha funny pay your dues to the IBEW.
they will stand up for you no worrys.
when I was there I was with the OCAW .
Hanford will be around for year to come it is a place that will never be cleaned up .
PFP that was know as 234-5 Z plant , redox  T plant , B Plant and U plant, we even stored navel used fuel in T plant. buried Surrys steam Gennys in east area. plus 21 navy reactors . I never had the pleasure of working at Purex. spent 6 years in tanks farms and ran the 242s.  Helped start the core drill machines for the tank farms so they could track what was in the waste in the tank farms.
some of the best operators I worked with are still there. when the Vit plant comes on line that will be something it was being planned when I left in 87.
it is funny I took mt father down to what is now HEHF to get his medical records they show history of him being treated from 1960 to 1985 when he retired in 87 he was taken to a room and briefed on a uptake they been tracking since 1966 in red on the bottom it stated worker was never informed. 420 rem to his lungs embeded PU238 and 239 decaying to AM241. 
I worked with the men who pull the atomic man out of the room in 1976 . and I was with thecrew that sealed the room when it was decided they could never recover the room it was painted white and sealed.
oh and Purex has a room called the white room . it was the way to contain the problem.
I worked b plant when it was shut down and we were all moved to other areas to work in the end tanks farms sent out the field every day in the box trucks and just hung out do to lack of work,
at one point the guards dropped a M16 out its chopper into the west area trench.
there was some interesting things that went on during the time when the plants were running.
to all of you still out the cheers and go by the dugout and help my friend get his retirement plan built up.

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Oct 18, 2012, 10:49 »
I have seen very little out of our "union" that would qualify as standing up for you.  Unless of course you dont show up, fail drug tests, etc.  After seeing other unions in action, this is a poor excuse.

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:28 »
Does anyone really think a strike is a possibility?

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #20 on: Dec 04, 2012, 04:24 »
Does anyone really think a strike is a possibility?

I sure hope so. This will be the closest we have come in the 20 years I have been here.  I really don't think we have a option.  It only a 3 year contract...Can you imagine what it the next contract will be like  if we allow this to take hold ?  I am not to far from retirement, the ones that REALLY should be concerned are the folks with 5 to 10 years in.   I REALLY Hope HAMTC displays some leadership and doesn't cave.  I really think this will the defining contract for the workers on the Hanford site.  If We lose this one we are all done. The young people will never be able to recover.

bigdog46

« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2012, 12:12 »
There will be no strike.  Who will make the 300K mortgage, car paymt x 2, child support, boat paymt? etc, etc. etc

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2012, 11:22 »
There will be no strike.  Who will make the 300K mortgage, car paymt x 2, child support, boat paymt? etc, etc. etc

I don't know any bargining unit that has  a 300k loan payment....maybe you do. l simply can't take a 3 year contract with over 200 dollars a week in pay cuts, freezing of my pension, removal of double time,  no health care representation,  no seniority, no continuty of service, no raise from 2012 through 2015, manadatory overtime, no lamp rights,  no safety committee, no limits on temp workers,  and the list goes on..I don't think the future workers ( or current workers ) can afford not to strike under those conditions

105KW :'(

Offline 61nomad

• Moderate User
« Reply #23 on: Dec 06, 2012, 04:48 »
http://m.tri-cityherald.com/tricity/db_97925/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=tiCnI56w

Wow big changes coming for Hanford. This should be interesting. I guess HAMTEC is
not as strong as everyone thought.

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
« Reply #24 on: Dec 06, 2012, 08:06 »
They suffer from a lack of leadership and seem to be in bed with the companies.  It will be interesting to see how they play this one.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?