Career Path > Outages

What shall I expect at an outage?

<< < (3/5) > >>

M1Ark:
Talk as little as possible about how you've seen it done a different way... nobody gives a damn.  Don't talk about the boat unless asked.... nobody gives a damn.  Don't talk about your many years of experience... nobody gives a damn.  Don't act like a know it all even though you probably do. You have the navy nuke curse - you know too much.

Remember... guys that were just tending bar the week before with little to no nuke experience could be working side by side with you.

I believe you already have an in-house job at the cliffs.  So enjoy you're time during this outage and try to learn something from everyone you meet.  And just when you think someone is genuinely interested in you or wants your opinion on something...

Nobody gives a damn!

Rad Sponge:
M1,

You rock!

Jason 8)

Already Gone:
First, I'd like to say congratulations on the Chem job.  They've been threatening to hire someone since 2002.  It's about time they did.
Second, let me condense everything you have read here into  three sentences.  Open your mouth only to ask a question.  Ask lots of questions.  You're there to work, not socialize.

Good luck.

SloGlo:
jmk....  eye toll ya dat yinz'ed git lotsa info!

Mike McFarlin:
When you are a contractor, right or wrong you're always wrong! Try to remember this, and you will go far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version