Palisades

Above Average
18 (32.1%)
Average
14 (25%)
Below Average
24 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Palisades  (Read 125216 times)

inyourface

Re: Palisades
« Reply #75 on: Oct 13, 2007, 07:14 »
it's kind of hard to bring your "A GAME", when you are limited to very few qualifications and no guidance what so ever.  what team ever won any game without the appropriate coach or team players.  most peeps are on line when they have a break or on their own time.  like it was said those who didn't try went home.  maybe some couldn't bring their "A GAME". but they tried to do what they could to help.

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #76 on: Oct 14, 2007, 02:31 »
I'll say this much...sometimes your "A" game isn't enough, and sometimes it is. Personally, I feel fortunate to have enough pitches in the arsenal to get me through 12 innings of Beater-ball.

To keep with the baseball theme, you need more pitches than a used car salesman to survive here.  Lord knows I threw more junk than "Sanford and Son".
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline Luscious

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #77 on: Oct 14, 2007, 05:31 »
 :D "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."  :D

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #78 on: Oct 14, 2007, 09:59 »
As far as I'm concerned: Most of us brought our "A" game. Only the strong survived  8) and some of the Houdini's. The weak went home!!! :'( 

It's one thing to judge your own performance as being "strong", thats your opinion about yourself and you are entitlied to it. It's another thing to judge others as having a weaker performance than yourself and not being able to manage up to your "self anointed superior abilities", and judging them as weak.

The old saying, "If your gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough" comes to mind after reading your posting.

If you were happy, being in an outage that has been deemed less than average by most posts in this forum topic, more power to you. Again, that is your warped sense of reality; as is your opinion of weak vs. strong.

There were some good techs at the Palisades outage, there were some average techs surviving in the cloud of outage confusion and lack of direction. There were techs, going with the flow of direction, regardless of what the procedure said, for that much what the intent of Federal Regs were. But these people were happy and they got their weekly pay check, everyone who walked through the outage with eyes closed or didnt know what they were looking at or some that just didnt care, all was good, everyone got paid. Pretend you didnt see it and all is well, kinda the unspoken outage motto.

As far as your comment, that "the weak went home", all I can say my friend is "any day -any time". Until then, you just keep doing those clean area surveys. 8)
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 10:15 by Dream Tarheel »
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

On The Road

« Reply #79 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:44 »
Well I bought my "A" game. I survived and will always no matter how much crap I have to deal with. I have never given up at any plant and left early, just because of the pressure. I find the good and all and keep the wheels rolling.

I guess you got a little offened by the last post: How do you know I was talking about you? There was many others that couldn't bring it and went home.

As for doing clean area surveys, I guess I will, It's not beyond me to do any kind of survey.

I will survive until 2031!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #80 on: Oct 15, 2007, 06:37 »
On another note, this outage has illustrated a good point at the Palace.........bring your A game or stay home.

Not having done an outage at Palisades in over 20 years I really can't comment on how things are going. The plant has always been challenging, but so are most plants. If the management has made it harder for the technicians to do their jobs that is unfortunate. I always liked the atmosphere at Palisades and the house people (all) have been some of the best I've ever worked with.

As far as bringing your "A" game, I guess I'm some what old school, being old does that, you should ALWAYS bring your "A" game to any outage. If you do anything less you are doing the utility and yourself an injustice.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong  8)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #81 on: Oct 15, 2007, 06:40 »
:D "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."  :D

Kipling?

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #82 on: Oct 16, 2007, 12:58 »
Roosevelt, Teddy
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

inyourface

« Reply #83 on: Oct 16, 2007, 09:56 »
k, so the majority of the techs, did the best they could do, considering what they had to work with.  i think that's all that really matters isn't it?

Asa1

« Reply #84 on: Oct 20, 2007, 08:17 »
To the technicians that were laid off last night,

The A game clearly lives on. This lowly house technician (fat kid) thanks you for all of your hard work. Safe travels to you all. I sincerely look forward to applying the beat down to all of you next refueling outage, if you desire to return to the Palace.

Beater The Great

mda

« Reply #85 on: Oct 21, 2007, 01:02 »
Had a good time glad I came to the outage. Hope to make the next one

Offline Luscious

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #86 on: Oct 22, 2007, 07:35 »
You call that a beat down? Gotta work on that. I'll be back maybe sooner rather than later? As I said great working with all ya all. Desire to return to the Palace..can't wait...now to get someone to sign the extension paperwork...

To the technicians that were laid off last night,

The A game clearly lives on. This lowly house technician (fat kid) thanks you for all of your hard work. Safe travels to you all. I sincerely look forward to applying the beat down to all of you next refueling outage, if you desire to return to the Palace.

Beater The Great

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #87 on: Nov 01, 2007, 08:55 »
Nice workin' with you too, see ya in 18.
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #88 on: Nov 02, 2007, 04:26 »
I have a question maybe someone can answer for me....

The current job posting by Entergy... are there multiple HP positions available or is this one position that can be filled at one of 4 different levels?

Thanks for your help!!!

Lorrie  :D

On The Road

« Reply #89 on: Nov 02, 2007, 11:06 »
I hear that there is Eight positions open at this time......From what I take it they are hiring at different levels.....Good Luck if your looking to apply....

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #90 on: Nov 05, 2007, 03:31 »
Gents,
Take it to the PM's please.  Off-topic posts have been deleted.  Thanks for understanding and if you have any questions please send me a PM.

Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

slattmandu

« Reply #91 on: Nov 07, 2007, 09:50 »
Just wanted to say thanks for all the support during the outage. And a little extra for the few that didn't get locked up by some of the curveballs thrown at us in the first few innings of the game(heatstress, gas issues and  long hours)! Shout out to all the shared resource types for stepping up to the plate at the Palace I look forward to returning the favor on your field. For those that were offended by quotes about techs. "A" game probably just don't get this long standing joke at this site. And probably wouldn't see the sarcasm in references to the beatdowns issued either. I'd just like to add I enjoyed working the most with the handfull that could endure these things and still laugh at the end of the day. It has been my pleasure to work on the Darkside with you! Thanks Again!   

larsorad

« Reply #92 on: Dec 22, 2007, 03:16 »
 8)Asa , Slatts and others , better late than never on comments, but it was great working for u / with u, on the RFO. There were some Neg comments on 'A" game performance but consider the source. Too bad non of u could make our mini last week. Luscious, we heard u tried, but it wasnt long enuf to be profitable. Hopefully we will reach 2 y'all 4 our rfo. PS :watch the internet use. It could be damaging.

maidennuke

« Reply #93 on: Feb 05, 2008, 06:18 »
New to Nukeworker. I'm looking to get some feedback on the Palisade's plant (and Entergy). I've read this post - good stuff.

I'm a degreed SRO (PWR) working in the East. Originally from MI and would like (at some point) to get back up to God's country :)

I like my job now - Palisade's is really the only location I'd consider at this point in my career. Anyone have any feedback or input on Entergy's success/failures since taking over the plant. Anyone know where they are with respect to license renewal??

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks.

Offline NightCrawler

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2008, 06:03 »
I've heard that things are really looking up here and that a new sheriff is in town.  Does anyone have any news of this?

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #95 on: Jun 02, 2008, 11:02 »
When you are the gloomy abyss of the Nuclear Industry, as Palisades is; you can only go up! 8)
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #96 on: Jun 02, 2008, 11:30 »
Who's the new sheriff?  Lets hear the spin.....

LaFeet

« Reply #97 on: Jun 09, 2008, 06:18 »
I too am curious as to who the new "Sherif" is...... he may still owe me a beer from the Stadium.

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #98 on: Jun 09, 2008, 10:03 »
Atlantic said they will be staffing in August.  Anybody here about an outage? and who is the new sheriff?

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #99 on: Jun 09, 2008, 10:21 »
Atlantic said they will be staffing in August.  Anybody here about an outage? and who is the new sheriff?

Palisades  Covert MI  Entergy PWR 800  03/09/09

Containment Sump Mod, RX Vessel Inspection, RX Head Inspection.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?