Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What to expect for the NQFT honeypot

Author Topic: What to expect for the NQFT  (Read 3318 times)

PunchOut

What to expect for the NQFT
« on: Jul 17, 2007, 05:23 »
This seems like a great forum, and i am glad to have found it. 

Here is my situation.

I scored high on the ASVAB but was 3 points too low in a certain section of the test.  now i have to take an additional test to get into the nuke program.  I talked to my recruiter and he told me i shouldnt worry or really study, i will do fine.....he proceeded to tell me that a person that scored 7 points lower then me on the ASVAB a month ago, he didnt study and did fine on the test.

i wanna make sure i pass this next test with flying colors.  the study papers that i received from the navy nuclear recuiter detail out physics equations, trigonometry and misc chemistry info.  my recruiter told me only to only worry about the basic physics equations and the rest of the test is basically algebra and a little geometry.

is this what i should study, or is there anything else i should focus on other then algebra/geometry/basic physics equations?

thanks, ryan
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2007, 07:24 by PunchOut »

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: What to expect for the nuke entry test after ASVAB
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2007, 07:13 »
You are probably refering to the NFQT. If the test is still similar to what I took 8 years ago then don't dewl on the first couple of questions (they are the hardest and ment to discourage you) the exam overall is not tough just have a basic knowlege of chem, trig, algebra, and physics.

drainbamage

Re: What to expect for the NQFT
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2007, 01:36 »
I had to take it as well.

As I recall, the only subjects I felt I would've struggled with was the conceptualized physics (wave motion, centripetal force, etc) as some of the questions/answers didn't strike me as intuitive without at least a basic introduction to the material.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?