Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Looking into the enlisted nuke program: questions.  

Author Topic: Looking into the enlisted nuke program: questions.  (Read 17070 times)

JustinHEMI05

Re: Looking into the enlisted nuke program: questions.
« Reply #25 on: Mar 25, 2009, 12:43 »
Oh man , I may be in for some trouble!  :P

I finished my BA with a degree in Social Science (History, Poli Sci) and am now going into the Nuke program, Ship date Jan 05. I'm already worried because I took one math class in college, statistics, and just feel unprepared for the curriculum offered at NPS. That said, I also plan to bust balls to finish. I'm more worried about making it through the school than in some distant bonus dangling in the future.

Don't sweat it. I have seen history majors make the best students, and I have seen an MIT grad fail out. Keep up the positive attitude and odds will be in your favor. Statistics may not agree with me, but IMO, the degree background makes no difference in the NNPP based on my personal experience as an EOOW trainer.

Justin

Offline vagabond

• Light User
Re: Looking into the enlisted nuke program: questions.
« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2009, 01:23 »
Don't sweat it. I have seen history majors make the best students, and I have seen an MIT grad fail out. Keep up the positive attitude and odds will be in your favor. Statistics may not agree with me, but IMO, the degree background makes no difference in the NNPP based on my personal experience as an EOOW trainer.

Justin

This seems like a slightly biased opinion   :P   ;)

j/k 

I completely agree with Justin.  I've seen a Naval Academy grad who obtained their Masters in Nuclear Engineering from MIT struggle and barely make it through EOOW training!  I'm sure this was a different person then Justin saw btw...just to show that it has happened a few times.   

All it takes is hard work, dedication, and some smarts can help.  Best of luck to you.  With your humility and openess it will all work out in the long run!
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2009, 01:32 by vagabond »
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?