Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Possible recruit with unanswered questions honeypot

Author Topic: Possible recruit with unanswered questions  (Read 3857 times)

HitSpades

Possible recruit with unanswered questions
« on: Oct 10, 2009, 03:14 »
Hi, I've read this board for a few days and met with recruiters. I've learned a lot from this board but some things haven't been touched on. I'll try to keep this brief, thank you in advance.

1. Do nukes do IA? One of the reasons I wanted to go Navy is, not because they are risk free - I'm not afraid of dying while serving, but they don't get drastically wounded like the Marines/Army soldiers you see at Walter Reed. IA basically makes you an Army infantryman and is a complete deal breaker for me.

2. After graduating "A" School are you all but forced to reenlist? I wouldn't want to reenlist until I did 2-3 years of service on a ship or sub.

3. How many days a week do you work? I've read the posts on a typical day, but I'm unclear if it's a 5, 6, or 7 day work week.

4. Do you get a chance to take leave every year? If so, do you just take it all at once or split it up?

Thanks guys.

Fermi2

Re: Possible recruit with unanswered questions
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2009, 03:50 »
Actually every bit of this has been covered many times over on this board.

Mike

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2009, 07:38 »
Hi, I've read this board for a few days and met with recruiters. I've learned a lot from this board but some things haven't been touched on. I'll try to keep this brief, thank you in advance.

1. Do nukes do IA? One of the reasons I wanted to go Navy is, not because they are risk free - I'm not afraid of dying while serving, but they don't get drastically wounded like the Marines/Army soldiers you see at Walter Reed. IA basically makes you an Army infantryman and is a complete deal breaker for me.

1.  Enlisted nukes do not currently go on IA.  Nuke officers  can and are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan on IA.

The rest of your answers can be found by doing a quick forum search.  

Cheers,
GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

EasyLivin

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2009, 09:07 »
3. How many days a week do you work? I've read the posts on a typical day, but I'm unclear if it's a 5, 6, or 7 day work week.

Plan on working 6 days a week. During the typical work week, you will work anywhere from 70 to 90 hours.

Good luck  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2009, 12:47 by EasyLivin »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2009, 09:26 »

Luckily, once aboard ship you will have the privilege of working up to 7 days a week :)

Offline greenbean

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2009, 11:49 »
What types of duties are the nuke officers doing on IA? Are they leading infantry?
neutrons... Neutrons... NEUTRONS!

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2009, 12:06 »
What types of duties are the nuke officers doing on IA? Are they leading infantry?

They are performing a variety of tasks.

I had a friend that did counter-IED.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline greenbean

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2009, 01:36 »
How long are the IA tours of duty? Was he out there for the 12-18months most Army/Marine soldiers tour?
neutrons... Neutrons... NEUTRONS!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?