Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New SWO(N) here, looking for current EDO(N) advice
honeypot

Author Topic: New SWO(N) here, looking for current EDO(N) advice  (Read 3291 times)

Offline nopistons93

• Lurker
Good Afternoon everyone,

My name is Joe and I am a newly commissioned SWO(N) nuke that went through the NUPOC pipeline. A little background on me, I have a chemistry B.S. degree and a Env. Engineering (with a focus in nuclear remediation) M.S. degree. I just commissioned on 19OCT2012, and have recently reported to my ship to work on my SWO qualification. I have a couple of questions for any EDO(N)'s if possible. Is there any current EDO(N)'s on this forum?

Thanks for the help everyone.

-Joe
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 11:53 by nopistons93 »

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
Re: New SWO(N) here, looking for general advice and knowledge
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2012, 05:07 »
Prepare for flaming, BZ is on the way!  Seems that with a Masters, you would show more initiative. ::)
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Offline nopistons93

• Lurker
Re: New SWO(N) here, looking for general advice and knowledge
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:51 »
I've read, and I made this post to see if I could speak with and EDO(N)'s currently on the forum. I know they are pretty few and far between, and searching brought forth these replies

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=18514.0

and

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,15051.0.html

.. however, these threads are quite old now, and I don't want to base career information off threads that are 3-4 years old. Looking for a fresh take on the EDO if possible (any changes, reducing lateral transfer rates, etc) The other questions I asked, I guess I just had for discussion points, but I will delete them and just leave my EDO(N) topic to make everyone happy.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 11:53 by nopistons93 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?