Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Foreign degree
honeypot

Author Topic: Foreign degree  (Read 5425 times)

lunar

Foreign degree
« on: Jul 18, 2011, 06:14 »
Hi guys I'm new.  I was wondering if there is a time limit of being out of the country after which I can't enlist? Also I'm studying my physics degree in the UK, I know it's not exactly China but still is this a problem?

Thanks for any help/advice

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
Re: Foreign degree
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2011, 07:16 »
are you an american citizen??

stefanc2011

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2011, 09:20 »
I think he is, cause he said he was just out of the country, but I don't know his situation.

If he's not, according to this then he might be able to enlist but isn't eligible for any job requiring a security clearance.  Unless there's a waiver for that.

http://www.navycs.com/blogs/2011/02/02/navy-citizenship-requirements

stefanc2011

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2011, 10:06 »
What difference does it make if the person is an American citizen or not?  Several non-citizens enlist.
Enlisting is possible, but you aren't eligible for a job that requires a security clearance.

stefanc2011

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2011, 10:34 »
I assumed since this was posted in the navy section of 'nukeworker' that this was about enlisting as a nuke.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2011, 01:25 »
The question was about enlisting.  No mention of a security clearance until you brought it up.

Last time I checked, nukes required security clearances. We had kids of foreign nationals in my power school class (one from china, one from south korea, one from puerto ricol). I asked because I was curious if he was an american citizen. american citizens can always enlist unless they are disqualified through some other means, medical or other wise.

edit: please note. I'll spell how I want to spell. Thanks. Its common knowledge enlisting shortens your time to citizenship. I served in the navy. I've met plenty of non citizens. Why in god's name would you spend that much time writing that much just to pick at me???

edit 2: I spent 6 of my 8 years prior to enlisting in england/germany if that's pertinent for you.

I assumed since this was posted in the navy section of 'nukeworker' that this was about enlisting as a nuke.

tad pole, you know I dont like you, but I agree with you here. Still, save your breath and go enjoy your free time. You leave this sunday, you should be out chasing girls and getting in trouble while you can, not arguing with bitter old men.

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2011, 01:36 by Starkist »

stefanc2011

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2011, 02:29 »
tad pole, you know I dont like you, but I agree with you here. Still, save your breath and go enjoy your free time. You leave this sunday, you should be out chasing girls and getting in trouble while you can, not arguing with bitter old men.
It's fine if you don't like me, not on here to make friends.  But arguing on an internet forum doesn't cause me to have any problem with you.  When it comes to chasing girls and getting in trouble...I've done enough of that!  I'm just ready for this next step.  Don't want to do something stupid to lose this opportunity.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2011, 02:29 by stefanc2011 »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2011, 06:37 »
4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

If you have not read the Forum rules please do so.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4700.0.html

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?