Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Just got into nupoc program honeypot

Author Topic: Just got into nupoc program  (Read 3690 times)

mgmermuy

Just got into nupoc program
« on: Aug 27, 2011, 02:01 »
Hi everyone,

My name is mike and I was accepted into the nupoc program in July.

I have one year left of college getting my mechainical engineering degree and need a computer (my old one broke). Can anyone recommend if I would need a computer at all while in OCS, power school, or prototype? I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to spend a few extra bucks for something that will last or just go cheap and get through the year.

Thanks

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: Just got into nupoc program
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2011, 05:05 »
Hi everyone,

My name is mike and I was accepted into the nupoc program in July.

I have one year left of college getting my mechainical engineering degree and need a computer (my old one broke). Can anyone recommend if I would need a computer at all while in OCS, power school, or prototype? I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to spend a few extra bucks for something that will last or just go cheap and get through the year.

Thanks

Go cheap....

You won't need one for OCS, power school, or NPTU, as you will have to do all your work in the school house.
Cheers
GC 
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

mgmermuy

« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2011, 10:57 »
Would you recommend having a computer during this time for personal use? I assume during power school and prototype it would be nice to have.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2011, 12:03 »
What you do for personal use/time is up to you. He is simply stating that if you were planning on using it IN power school or IN prototype or FOR class work..., you can't.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?