NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu GFES

Author Topic: GFES  (Read 18984 times)

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
  • I really dig you Sir...
GFES
« on: Jul 21, 2007, 10:06 »
Does anyone know what happened to www.quantumhyperspace.com? Or if there is a similiar website for GFES practice exam generation?

ranger2

Re: GFES
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2007, 05:13 »
You may already know this, but NRC website has a huge exam bank plus actual GFE exams going back a long way.

Back when I was prepping for the exam I just printed those and covered up the answers with post-it notes while I took the exam.

Offline FlatFootSam

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2013, 03:34 »
Yes, I built a site called www.NRCprep.com that generates randomized, single subject quizzes and comprehensive exams, from the NRC's bank of generic fundamentals exams.  Currently the practice exams are PWR only.

Practice quizzes/exams you've taken can be saved as PDF's for later review.  The site has a built-in Mollier diagram, steam tables, and formula sheet, just like you'll have for the final. 

It also has all the DOE's Reactor Operator Fundamentals Manuals online and searchable in case you need to review a topic.  These are literally the textbook for the GFES.

ski2313

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2018, 09:53 »
Does anyone have the 2017 exam bank questions yet? Would like to study them. Please PM me if so.. thanks

TVA

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:08 »
You do realize the first place it gets released is the NRC website..

ski2313

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2018, 09:49 »
That's not exactly true, but thanks.

TVA

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:22 »
Are you seriously saying this to a qualified GFES Instructor?

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:55 »
That's not exactly true, but thanks.

So who do you think gets them first? And if you have more knowledge about it, why did you ask?

TVA

« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:09 »
To point out you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:14 »
4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4700.0.html

TVA

« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:28 »
And be accurate in your statements

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:31 »
And be accurate in your statements

Browbeating a neophyte, subordinate, or the curious has more to do with self aggrandizement than accuracy. Still violates the site rules.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2018, 04:21 »
Aside from all the complaining, there really aren't "new" question for GFES. They're pretty much the same with slight detail differences. Study what's on the NRC website, UNDERSTAND the concepts, learn to read the questions (since they're as much about reading the question as they are about understanding the topic), and it's pretty easy.

TVA

« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:51 »
They write 5 new ones per reactor type and modify 5 questions per reactor type for each exam so yes there are new questions.

TVA

« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:53 »
Didnt brow beat anyone. Here is what he asked: Does anyone illegally have the 2017 test questions and are you willing to illegally abet me in performing an illegal act by giving them to me.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2018, 07:24 »
New is relative. Yes, the questions are new, but they really aren't that different from the ones in the bank, which is why I said to understand the concepts.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2018, 11:00 »
Didn't brow beat anyone.

brow·beat
[ˈbrouˌbēt]
VERB
browbeating (present participle)
intimidate (someone), typically into doing something, with stern or abusive words:
"a witness is being browbeaten under cross-examination"

Here is what he asked: Does anyone illegally have the 2017 test questions and are you willing to illegally abet me in performing an illegal act by giving them to me.

Assumption not in evidence, he may simply have been naive on the subject.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?