Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Confirmed: Lightning Causes Nuclear Reactions in the Sky honeypot

Author Topic: Confirmed: Lightning Causes Nuclear Reactions in the Sky  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Confirmed: Lightning Causes Nuclear Reactions in the Sky
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2017, 10:09 »
never hold yore remball above you're head inn a thunderstorm.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Chimera

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2017, 03:12 »
The energy of the γ-rays is sufficiently high that they can trigger atmospheric photonuclear reactions that produce neutrons and eventually positrons via β+ decay of the unstable radioactive isotopes, most notably 13N, which is generated via 14N + γ → 13N + n, where γ denotes a photon and n a neutron.  However, this reaction has hitherto not been observed conclusively, despite increasing observational evidence of neutrons and positrons that are presumably derived from such reactions.

Here we report ground-based observations of neutron and positron signals after lightning.  During a thunderstorm on 6 February 2017 in Japan, a γ-ray flash with a duration of less than one millisecond was detected at our monitoring sites 0.5–1.7 kilometres away from the lightning.  The subsequent γ-ray afterglow subsided quickly, with an exponential decay constant of 40–60 milliseconds, and was followed by prolonged line emission at about 0.511 megaelectronvolts, which lasted for a minute.  The observed decay timescale and spectral cutoff at about 10 megaelectronvolts of the γ-ray afterglow are well explained by de-excitation γ-rays from nuclei excited by neutron capture.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2017, 08:24 »
oh shore! a thousand meaters aweigh from the bolt! yins holding that equipment hie over head?

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2017, 08:15 »
I guess a little high energy stimulation like several thousand volts of electrical charge could cause some atmospheric nuclear reactions. And if there is anyone flapping their wings in the area, they might be concerned, but the lightning probably already got them. I think this comes under the category of natural nuclear decay.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2017, 08:34 »
I think this comes under the category of natural nuclear decay.
a rem izza rem izza rem. eye wood classify dis as environmental exposure, n challenge the e.p.a. four protocols n procedures inn order two protect u.s. citizenry.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2017, 08:43 »
Just let it go. Several thousand volts of electricity is going to do more harm than a few neutrons. A REM is not a REM if the tissue is dead. Is that a rad concept?

Chimera

« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2017, 12:28 »
hmmm . . . the definition states in human tissue.  Does it state if the tissue is alive or dead?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2017, 09:43 »
hmmm . . . the definition states in human tissue.  Does it state if the tissue is alive or dead?
a rad izza rad izza rad. dads are absorbed dose, media matters knot. rem is man, i.e. sum of living tissue.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2017, 09:44 »
Just let it go. Several thousand volts of electricity is going to do more harm than a few neutrons. A REM is not a REM if the tissue is dead. Is that a rad concept?
sew, yins wood use a ground wire from the rem bawl?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?