Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu N-GET NEIT testing for Exelon

Author Topic: N-GET NEIT testing for Exelon  (Read 14212 times)

Offline bart2567

N-GET NEIT testing for Exelon
« on: Nov 21, 2012, 04:48 »
So I just got my conditional offer to Work at Morris Power plant a few weeks ago and I got my PHQ paperwork in the email i received they talked about two tests called the N-GET and NEIT only thing i could find on Google is the names Nuclear General Employee Training and Nuclear Employee In-Processing Training. Does anyone have any information on these tests (I did use the search function to no avail). The email told me there would be study guides on site for it but being a fan of being extremely over prepared for anything I do I'd love something i can do from home ( I studied for my POSS and BMST for a month before i took it lol)

Offline Rennhack

Re: N-GET NEIT testing for Exelon
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2012, 07:36 »
So I just got my conditional offer to Work at Morris Power plant

Exelon doesn't have a nuclear power plant named Morris Power Plant.  They do have a training center there.  Below are the names of their Nuclear Plants (from our facility info section) in that area of the country.  Dresden is probably the plant you mean, it is nearest to Morris.

Search Results: 23 Facilities
Braidwood, Byron, Clinton, Dresden, LaSalle, and Quad Cities

a few weeks ago and I got my PHQ paperwork in the email i received they talked about two tests called the N-GET and NEIT only thing i could find on Google is the names Nuclear General Employee Training and Nuclear Employee In-Processing Training. Does anyone have any information on these tests (I did use the search function to no avail). The email told me there would be study guides on site for it but being a fan of being extremely over prepared for anything I do I'd love something i can do from home ( I studied for my POSS and BMST for a month before i took it lol)

Did you click on the "Study" tab?
http://www.nukeworker.com/study/gert

NRC:  N-GET
Nuclear General Employee Training is required at all of the Commercial Nuclear Power Plants in the USA.  Below is the N-Get study guides for the Exelon system.  The information included is applicable to nearly all Power Plants in the US.General Employee Radiation Training

N-Get Study Guide 1,513 KB
N-Get Study Guide Attachments 941 KB
N-Get Study Guide Review 104 KB

Here are the links you want:
(NEIT) Nuclear Employee Indoctrination Training
(N-GET) Nuclear General Employee Training

Morris area motels:

Super 8
70 Green Acres
Morris, IL 60450
815-942-3200
$54.99/nite    

Holiday Inn
200 Gore Rd
Morris, IL 60450
815-942-6600
$84/ nite

Morris Motel
1801 Division
Morris, IL 60450
815-942-4991    

Days Inn
80 Hampton St
Morris, IL 60450
815-942-9000
$69.07/nite    

Comfort Inn
70 Gore Rd
Morris, IL 60450
815-942-1433
$71.24/nite

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012, 05:51 by Rennhack »

Offline bart2567

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2012, 03:08 »
Im sorry if I offended you in any way i used the Forum search function, I did not know about the Study tab and yes i did mean the Dresden Generating Station. Anyways thank you for the information

V/R
Joe

Offline Rennhack

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2012, 05:41 »
Im sorry if I offended you in any way

Joe,

You didn't offend me.  I'm sorry if I came across as offended or rude. 

You do have to admit, that if you were looking for study information, that a tab labeled "Study" would be a good starting place, yes?  I’m the guy that designs this site, so I’m always trying to make the information easy to find.  Sometimes I do a great job, sometimes I don’t.  If you can think of a more obvious place for me to locate the information, I’m all ears.  I can’t help people if they can’t find the information.

Perhaps I'll move the study information into the forum, or at least make a copy there.  I hadn’t considered that before.
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012, 05:58 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2012, 06:02 »
I just made this a sticky topic (pinned it to the top).  That should help some people.

Offline GLW

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2012, 09:48 »
Joe,

You didn't offend me.  I'm sorry if I came across as offended or rude.......

OOD

Outage Ornery Disorder

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2012, 10:52 »
OOD
Outage Ornery Disorder

I am SO OVER getting up at 4am and working 13 hrs a day, every day.  I am starting to get very pissy.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2012, 11:17 »
I am SO OVER getting up at 4am and working 13 hrs a day, every day.  I am starting to get very pissy.

One of the advantages of being a house mouse... only 1 outage / 18 mo. Wish we had 2 yr fuel. Some of the other folks do the shared resources thing. I'd do my own outages on 40s if I could... ain't going to anyone else's outage... :D

Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Laundry Man

« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2014, 11:42 »
One advantage working for a vendor is no outages.  Though I do miss the fun from time to time.
LM

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2020 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?