Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke reclass, how do I prepare myself for STA-21? honeypot

Author Topic: Nuke reclass, how do I prepare myself for STA-21?  (Read 4393 times)

Offline Apotheoun

• Lurker
I DEPed in on July 7 as MM and near the end of October I took the NAPT and was reclassed NF the second week of November. Now my hopes are getting into the STA-21 program and putting in 30 years. I'm trying to prepare myself in every possible way I can now that I have loads of time. My ship date was pushed from Feb to Aug. As far as boot camp goes, I'm not too concerned with it. My 1.5 mile time is in the low 8 minutes but I plan to get that down to 7:30 or less by the time I leave. Push ups and sit ups are fine, and I know my START guide from cover to cover.

My last DEP meeting I talked to my chief about getting into the STA-21 program. A few days ago he told me I need to write a 500 word essay on the STA-21 nuke program. What all does the STA-21 nuke program encompass? I do have intentions of Googling as much information as I can, but this seemed like a better place to start. Outside of that, what can I do to prepare myself better for nuke schooling and STA-21 if I get picked? If I have to, I will learn everything about A school that I can (I'm shooting for EM) so that I can do the absolute best I can in there. What all is covered in power school and prototype?
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2013, 12:02 by Rennhack »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
I DEPed in on July 7 as MM and near the end of October I took the NAPT and was reclassed NF the second week of November. Now my hopes are getting into the STA-21 program and putting in 30 years. I'm trying to prepare myself in every possible way I can now that I have loads of time. My ship date was pushed from Feb to Aug. As far as boot camp goes, I'm not too concerned with it. My 1.5 mile time is in the low 8 minutes but I plan to get that down to 7:30 or less by the time I leave. Push ups and sit ups are fine, and I know my START guide from cover to cover.

My last DEP meeting I talked to my chief about getting into the STA-21 program. A few days ago he told me I need to write a 500 word essay on the STA-21 nuke program. What all does the STA-21 nuke program encompass? I do have intentions of Googling as much information as I can, but this seemed like a better place to start. Outside of that, what can I do to prepare myself better for nuke schooling and STA-21 if I get picked? If I have to, I will learn everything about A school that I can (I'm shooting for EM) so that I can do the absolute best I can in there. What all is covered in power school and prototype?

1. STA-21 is a program to groom future officers. You want the goodies but don't what it entails.  >:(

2. You have intentions of using a free search engine on YOUR free time, but would rather ask others to spoon feed you. Not a desirable quality of a Nuke, much less an officer.  >:(

« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2013, 02:33 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Apotheoun

• Lurker
I'd rather get information from people who have done it recently or are currently doing it and then google off that information to learn more. Sure Google is a good starting point, but a better starting point is straight from the mouth of someone who is fresh into it rather than an article from someone who did it years ago. I don't need to know everything about prototype/power school, I just want a starting point to learn from. I'm not just going to take what people say here and use that, I'm going to Google and search regardless.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2013, 03:01 by Apotheoun »

Offline Rooteh

• Very Lite User
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2013, 08:06 by Rooteh »

HeavyD

First question to ask yourself;

"Why do I want to be an officer in the United States Navy?".

If the answer is in any way related to making more money, you are making the decision for all the wrong reasons.  Just some food for thought for someone who dealt with far too many officers during 20 years who had no idea of what it truly meant to be a commissioned officer in the armed forces.

Best of luck and thank you for volunteering to serve.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?