ANO

Above Average
28 (51.9%)
Average
20 (37%)
Below Average
6 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: ANO (Arkansas Nuclear One)  (Read 79778 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
ANO (Arkansas Nuclear One)
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:53 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2006, 09:37 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: ANO (Arkansas Nuclear One)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:30 »
Talk About: ANO

goo

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2003, 05:00 »
The Firewatches are GREAT!  Learned how to Line-Dance at the North 40.  Made to the Liquor Store on I-40 in 10 minutes!  Got married and divorced.  Learned what "spottin" for deer is all about. Learned alot about Hot-Particles.  Learned what a compassionate person Stan was.  Wow did he really know how to communicate with people.  ANO....the only place to get a G/A open-window beta reading anywhere in U1 Rx basement.  What a claim to fame!  Stan...Hats off to you and your people skills!

vikingfan

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2003, 08:46 »
I worked at ANO in the early 90's some where arounr 91& then again in 93 I do remember working nights then partying at the sunrise motel, i belive that was teh name  then sleeping for 3 hours if that before doing it again. I also remember having to dressout afer going through dosimetry since the aux. bldg was crapped up !! stove top you still out there somewhere? worked with calvin robinson, and carl irvine and too many others to mention but i do remember that we all had some great times there !!!

Jr8black3

« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2003, 07:07 »
I did three tours at ANO,, If I remember right there was a place called Skull Orchard across the lake from the plant,, gawdddd that always turned into a mess, but then again most of the 80's have slipped my mind... I guess three things I can say good about ANO is 1. I met my wife there ( and hell NO not at the north 40) 2. I learned to Turkey hunt  3. I met a hell of alot of good people there, I guess it's not hard to meet good people when you have a SC like Butch Byrd

bronxcheer

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:01 »
I understand that the IBEW just concluded their contract negotiations. UWUA stewards in NY are interested in how you guys made out. Would someone down there please send me a private message? .

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2004, 11:43 »
Aaaahhhhh......Skull Orchard. Me and Tarbox are card carryin' members of that fine tradition, along with quite a few others on this site I would venture to guess. As I racall, the local girls in the "Chicken Coop" made life infinitely more bearable on night shift, though the fire watches weren't too bad either. The people were great! Strawberry Layman, Tim Tarbox, Wayne Mandrell (He was in security back then), Burt Lynch, Jim Looper, Butch, Stan, .... the list goes on and on. It's one of the few plants I ever worked where I would have liked to go House. As a matter of fact, I'm housin' it now at P.I. but ya never know. They lookin' for any ALARA Planners?

Floyd

hezabear

« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2004, 12:40 »
I to remember the Skull. What a time.Do any of you guys remember playing golf of of the grave's and the Beer bong. Still have the card at home for safe keeping. Brad

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2004, 11:40 »
Grave-top Golf! Fourrrrrr! Skull Orchard was also host to these other fine culturally enriching events:

The "How much Jose can you chug before you go blind" contest (Reigning champ last I checked was Adrian Lucie).

Monster Truck Bumper Pull

Greko Roman Wrestling.....shirtless....on gravel.

Carry your girl to the tree in the lake.....and leave her there.

The "I can prove these shoes are fire-proof..." contest.

"Kill Blaine's car with a survival knife"

"Technocolor Yawn for distance"

These events only scratch the surface of the culturally enlightening which occured at The Skull.
If you can remember any others, ad to the list. Unfortunately for me, if it didn't happen in the first hour or so, it has been lost forever in an alcoholic haze.

Floyd

hezabear

« Reply #9 on: Apr 09, 2004, 07:46 »
 ;) I belive the name of the buger joint was the WhataBuger. Biggest Hambuger I ever saw and what ever you do don't order the large Fry. Brad
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2004, 09:30 by camellablack »

maggie352000

« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2004, 01:53 »
Taco Villa. Good Mexican food down on 4th St.

tcasey25

« Reply #11 on: Jun 11, 2004, 08:13 »
ANO what can one say! Worked a refueling outage at unit 2 back in the 80's. By the time the outage was over, I was well on my way to becoming an alcoholic. Knowing that Russelville is a so-called dry county, you get the big picture. Thanks to all my drinking buddies, we made it thru that outage.

p.s. And I thought Oyster Creek was the pits, radiologically speaking.

wondertech

« Reply #12 on: Jun 11, 2004, 10:06 »
I just left ANO last month. I found a vast improvement over outages I'd worked there in the past. The house techs treated us well and management was not looking to fire someone at the drop of hat. All in all I had a good time. Too bad Entergy is trying to redefine the word cheap. I think their people deserve better.

red1016

« Reply #13 on: Sep 05, 2004, 11:57 »
What was the name of the bar across the road from the North 40? I can't remember and I worked there!
Worked nights at ANO. Had a blast. Saw a straight guy in a dress(tequila in the AM will do that).

tonynuke

« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2005, 05:43 »
Hows the gennie replacement goin down there??  Heard there might be some problems. 

vikingfan

« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2005, 12:02 »
As far the outage goes it is a total circus ( keeping it politically correct LOL) from no communication between work groups and so called work planners, to vastly underestimating the total rem exposure, then when we blew that goal we regroup to a higher number but still over shoot that goal !! and from people covering up accidents that they said didn't happen....wink wink.  this used to be a fun place to work back in the late 80's to early 90's but the culture has vastly changed since then. oh then we also had way more  OSHA recordable incidents then I would say is acceptable and those are only the ones they will admit to. oh then we have so called craft supervision (this also includes the decon supervision) that think they are bigger then the total picture and have forgotten where they statrted from. well enough of my rant all i can say is stay away.

tonynuke

« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2005, 07:09 »
So is it over yet?

vikingfan

« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2005, 07:28 »
not sure if its over yet but should be close i left last week and at that time the fuel transfer carriage was broke.They are predicting closing breakers on the 17th

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #18 on: Apr 11, 2006, 09:52 »
Haven't been there in a while (87) but had a good time while I was there.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

vikingfan

« Reply #19 on: Apr 11, 2006, 10:32 »
I was down for the sgrp and head change out. as for my feelings about the plant i felt there was quite a bit of disorganization. jobs were planned, set up then never performed even though such jobs would have save overall outage dose. also some things were not disclosed about several incidents that occured there during the outage. interaction between work groups i would rate 3-4. plant readiness in terms of jobs ready to be performed 1-3. experince of personnel 4. overall job satisfaction -5. chances of most ppl returning.......3

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #20 on: Apr 12, 2006, 04:57 »
Just remember the liquor runs on pay day. Life was good....
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #21 on: Apr 17, 2006, 05:11 »
Feltners What-a-Burger. One huge burger with a grocery sack of fries. No lie.
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006, 05:44 by Mike McFarlin »

vikingfan

« Reply #22 on: Apr 17, 2006, 05:17 »
I second my vote for cj's !!!  way better then whataburger but heck thats just my 2 cents worth.

russysgirl

« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2006, 09:41 »
What is the pay and schedule for auxiliary operator at ANO?

tommybenson

« Reply #24 on: Apr 26, 2006, 12:50 »
What is the pay and schedule for auxiliary operator at ANO?

I would imagine you'll start somewhere between 22 and 25 per hour and the schedule is a 35 day repeating cycle with a 7 consecutive days off stretch in it. You'll never work more than four in a row except for outages.

I am only guessing at what I said. I went by Waterford's numbers. Theyre probably pretty similar to ANO.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?