Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New Skins for Rad Pro Calculator Desktop

Author Topic: New Skins for Rad Pro Calculator Desktop  (Read 6516 times)

raymcginnis

New Skins for Rad Pro Calculator Desktop
« on: Mar 13, 2007, 01:08 »
Skins were added to version 2.60 of Rad Pro Calculator which was just released.  Skins totally alter the looks of the forms and controls giving it a more modern and aesthetically pleasing look.  The user now has a choice of 8 different skins or no skin at all.

Also in version 2.60, a more advanced shielding algorithm was developed for the ALARA calculator.  The shielding numbers now exactly match the shielding numbers in the gamma calculator.

Three new isotopes were added to the gamma and ALARA calculators, Y-88, Zr-89 and I-124.

For those of you who like the simple and small update zip file, that is not available for version 2.60.  The changes make upgrading that way too complex.  Everyone should uninstall their current version and download the 10 MEG installation package from here:

http://www.radprocalculator.com/RadProDownloads.aspx

An example of one of the skins may be seen here: http://www.radprocalculator.com/Images/RPC03.jpg

You may also notice the new look with new website navigation controls on Rad Pro Calculator Online.  The navigation controls are now in sub-categories and the site now has a desktop application look (without skins).

Hey Rennhack:  You asked me about doing the skins a long time ago.  I finally got around to climbing the learning curve for you.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: New Skins for Rad Pro Calculator Desktop
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2007, 05:13 »
The skins look great.

You've come a long way baby.

raymcginnis

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2007, 11:06 »
A few people had installation problems today, including me at work.  It turns out that the new skins library has some dependencies on other libraries that are not on every computer.  Most do, but some don’t.  I added those libraries to the install package in version 2.61, now available for download.  If you got an error when trying to run version 2.60, uninstall it and install version 2.61.

http://www.radprocalculator.com/RadProDownloads.aspx

raymcginnis

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2007, 08:07 »
Any of you Windows 2000 users who installed version 2.60 or 2.61 most likely got a version that crashed.  I did some experimentation and found that one support file was required by Windows XP, Vista and 2003 Server to be in the Windows\System32 directory.  Windows 2000 wanted it in the application directory.  The new install package with version 2.62 has addressed this issue so Rad Pro Calculator is once again Windows 2000 compatible.

A bug where the actinium isotopes appeared twice on the list at application startup was fixed.  Also fixed was the shifting of the tab and title if the screen resolution was set to 120 dpi (large fonts) in the advanced display settings, as well as the aggravating band in the middle of the uranium calculator tab with 120 dpi fonts.

Version 2.62 is now posted at: http://www.radprocalculator.com/RadProDownloads.aspx

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2007, 12:09 »
Keep up the great work.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?