Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gary Finnigan "Finni": Major Injury and needs your help honeypot

Author Topic: Gary Finnigan "Finni": Major Injury and needs your help  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Meliss...

• Lurker
Finni has been working in Decon and Radiation Protection for over 35 years. He's always been a source of comedy and laughter.  I haven't seen him since the early years at Diablo Canyon, but hearing his name always bring a smile to my face! :)   His niece started a fund for his medical care.  I've pasted what she's written and the link to donate below.  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers and donate anyamount you can:

https://www.gofundme.com/finnineedsyourhelp

On April 15th Gary Finnigan suffered a fall at his home that left him on ventilator support and paralyzed from the chest down with limited mobility in his arms and hands. He was taken to UT Medical Center in Tennessee where he received the best care they could provide. Around 3 weeks later he was moved to Shepherd Center for Spinal Cord Rehabilitation in Atlanta, GA where he remains for now. As one can imagine healthcare costs are adding up rapidly and arrangements for the future are currently unclear. Just before his fall Gary and his wife were scheduled to move to New York where he had taken a permanent job. You can only imagine they were in the process of packing up their house in Tennessee excited for a new chapter in their lives to start when all of a sudden everything changed in an instant. Gary has a long journey ahead of him but remains positive that things will work out. He is ready and eager to gain back strength and mobility. I am starting this on behalf of my Uncle Gary and his wife Triste. He is one of the most selfless individuals that you will ever meet. He was a caregiver for his parents till they passed away and was taking care of his father-in-law for the last 15+ who is handicapped until his accident. The whole 22 years Gary and Triste have been married they have put their needs on the back burner in order to care for others friends and family alike. Gary is always eager to lend a helping hand no matter what no questions asked and I believe now is the time he gets that in return. His wife is not currently working in order to be by her husband’s side and to help with his therapy. This puts additional strain on everything. To help with Gary’s medical expenses we need family, friends, and our community to pull together! Any amount donated is beyond appreciated. All donations will be going directly to Gary’s medical care expenses, travel bills, if need be-preparing a home to be handicap accessible, appropriate transportation (wheelchair accessible van), specialized wheelchair, and a long-term rehabilitation plan.We ask that everyone continue to pray and send good vibes his way. We will update Gary’s progress as he continues to heal. Thank you!

https://www.gofundme.com/finnineedsyourhelp
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 03:06 by Meliss... »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Gary Finnigan "Finni": Major Injury and needs your help
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 11:33 »
82 'shares' on Facebook, but only 23 people donated.  [SadPanda] If they were going to re-post/share the link, they should at least donate a couple bucks.

In addition to his time as Decon and RP, Gary was recently the Site Safety Coordinator at Indian Point for Entergy.

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2016, 05:20 »
Donated!

Lets get with it folks!

Finni"s a good man.       Get well soon mister! 

Offline shiine8

• Light User
  • it aint pretty
« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2016, 07:56 »
A GREAT friend, a got a message from him this morning and he is upbeat. As usual. I'll talk to him later this week and will keep people posted. He's a great guy and a great friend.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?