Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke Ratings honeypot

Author Topic: Nuke Ratings  (Read 13608 times)

cawcaw

Nuke Ratings
« on: Jun 26, 2008, 03:16 »
I have spent a few hours browsing and using the lovely search feature and have been able to come up with some post that answered my question. However it is still for the most part not answered.
If some one could define what each rate does in some what of detail just a broad general description will work too. I am trying to figure out what MM does but ET and EM i have found out but more input is  always a plus. Thanks alot.

O ya this is an amazing site too

JustinHEMI05

Re: Nuke Ratings
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2008, 07:24 »
Here is a thread I found which links to 5 other threads. I am quite surprised that all of this together wasn't enough detail for you. If it still isn't after re-visiting all of these (since you have seen them already), please feel free to ask more specific questions.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,7416.0.html

Justin

cawcaw

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2008, 01:49 »
thank you both for those cleared up the  grey areas. i know the needs of navy is first come but  ET MM EM would be my preferenceorder and no matter which one i get i will like it and give 100 percent. But i havent even enlisted yet. I am trying to choose Nuke, EOD or SEAL. but thank you guys for the help. And i didnt look to hard cause i should have found those post.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2008, 09:33 »
thank you both for those cleared up the  grey areas. i know the needs of navy is first come but  ET MM EM would be my preferenceorder and no matter which one i get i will like it and give 100 percent. But i havent even enlisted yet. I am trying to choose Nuke, EOD or SEAL. but thank you guys for the help. And i didnt look to hard cause i should have found those post.

allow me to clarify some things for you
1) you dont "choose" EOD, (sp, sorry) "swic"(?), or SEAL. You pick a base rate (i.e. sonar-tech) then you go to boot camp as that. At boot camp they ask for volunteers. You dont have to get those ones in writing. NUKE requires it however.
2) as a nuke, you CAN NOT become ANY other rate without some SERIOUS teeth pulling, and certainly NOT in boot camp!
3) As far as rates go... I dont really believe it matters what your preference is, they just pick some random stuff and put you where you are needed :D A phrase you will hear a LOT is... "needs of the navy"
4) if you are serious about SEAL... start running and doing pushups/pullups... a LOT of them lol. I have a friend who is in AMAZING shape and he failed out of BUDS.
5) pick MM :D

good luck on your choice, and thank you for choosing navy

DirtyDeeds

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2008, 12:45 »
ETs and EMs are both wire jockeys, the difference is ETs shave their private parts.

JsonD13

« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2008, 07:24 »
No, they just didnt grow any hair......theres a big difference between shaving and not getting to the point of having any hair lol

floyd_n

« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2008, 08:14 »
1) you dont "choose" EOD, (sp, sorry) "swic"(?), or SEAL. You pick a base rate (i.e. sonar-tech) then you go to boot camp as that. At boot camp they ask for volunteers. You dont have to get those ones in writing. NUKE requires it however.

SEAL is its own rate now.

Here is something to think about: What do you do with your spare time?

A)Play World of Warcraft
B)Play Dungeons and Dragons
C)Hunt wild animals with nothing more than a pocket knife

If (A) and/or (B), put in for EM or ET
If (C), ask for MM

By the way, did you hear they came out with World of World of Warcraft? You control a dude on the computer who is playing WOW. Pretty sad what this place is coming to. :P

135i

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2008, 11:40 »
I'd say no matter which one you get you won't like it, but that's just me. ("It" being your job) Most people I'd say come to terms with whichever rate they're given.

If, based on what you've read and what you think of the rates, you want ET MM EM then put that. Don't let anyone tell you anything stupid about putting the rates in any particular order. Put the rates in the order that you want them and the guys at RTC will assign you a rate giving consideration to your preference.

I put ET EM MM because I wanted to be an ET. I got my first choice and I'm glad I did. My best friend heard that if you put ET first and didn't get it you automatically got MM, so he put EM ET MM. He also got his first choice.

Also, not that it matters at all, but no one in RC-div (all the ETs) plays world of warcraft. There are a bunch of MMs and EMs here that do though.

Alzibiades

« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2008, 07:34 »
cawcaw, Nuke Janitor was incorrect in his description of source ratings for EOD and SEAL. This used to be the old method but last year they changed it. EOD is a rating now along with SO (Special Warfare Operator). You have a wide chasm there between Nuke, EOD, and SEAL choices. Nuke will task your brain where EOD and SEAL will task your body and most of your brain. Either choice will be a good one. You just have to chose what you enjoy the best or think that you enjoy the best. Nuke will pit you in a classroom or learning environment for the 1st 1.5 to 2 years depending on what rate you choose. You then head to the fleet either submarines or carrier. I am bias to submarines (fast attack tough here). I am a current ETCS (SS) and have been stationed on 3 688I class submarines and the Navy's only nuclear powered Deep Submergence Vehicle. Think of Naval Nuclear School as 2 years Nuclear Enigneering degree shrunk into 6 months. The learning is fast and if you fall behind you will struggle as with any job. I have enjoyed my career (17+ years).

Brent

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2008, 08:00 »
I recommend reading the book Lone Survivor if you are serious about becoming a Seal.  Then ask yourself, do you really want it that bad.  Can you turn "off" for weeks at a time?

I met some big boys that were working out for the hopes of a 2nd try through.  Even they said the little guys, with the Bruce Lee build stood a better chance.
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Fermi2

« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2008, 09:48 »
No, Think of Nuke School as a bunch of Algebra based concepts thrown at you somewhat rapidly. It's nowhere near as difficult as 2 years of nuclear Engineering thrown at you in 6 months.

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?