Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu geting out of the navy help please

Author Topic: geting out of the navy help please  (Read 19069 times)

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
Re: geting out of the navy help please
« Reply #25 on: Aug 26, 2008, 10:06 »
Okay that's your take, but it is my true opinion,...

t' dalton if you can't handle six years in the navy, I can assure you, you can't handle a lifetime with the same woman,...

I agree with you Marssism ,   a woman is a lot tougher than the Navy
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2008, 10:09 by biloxoi blues »

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #26 on: Aug 27, 2008, 08:17 »
Oaths always count,...

You don't take a second oath after the honeymoon,...

Just because nobody holds you accountable, doesn't mean you're not,...

James 5:12
Matt 5:34

Please excuse my poor wording. My intent was that the second oath is the one the military can bind you to legally.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Aug 27, 2008, 08:25 »
Has anyone pointed out to our new friend that he doesn't have to be locked into the nuke pipeline? he could always find a kinder gentler MOS.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #28 on: Aug 27, 2008, 09:10 »
If the kid has already classified as a nuke.....he's not going to get changed over to something else.

Maybe things have changed since i went in. And it all could have been rhetoric, but in bootcamp all my CC had to do was say i wasn't nuke material or i could have said i didn't want to be a nuke and i could have been doing something completely different, even if it was conventional MM.

is this a case of the recruiter not being willing to lose the points or is there something else in play?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #29 on: Aug 27, 2008, 07:35 »
+1 Jason. I don't think anyone is suggesting that oaths aren't important. More just directly answering his question of opting out. Besides that, if the first oath is so important, then why do they do it again? All things being equal, that first oath is meaningless legally. Sorry. What one chooses to do with it personally and morally is on that person alone.

Justin
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2008, 07:36 by JustinHEMI »

bheinz

« Reply #30 on: Aug 28, 2008, 03:17 »
You know the talk about oaths and vows is great. The talk about using spell check and forming proper sentences, even greater. But does anyone know where this young man, TexasDalton is? He asked all those deep questions, stirring the pot amongst us, and doesn't even log on to view the replies, answer some questions, or give a quick comment? For someone who seemed to have their panties in a bunch, I wonder if he finally decided to talk to his recruiter? Or flee the country?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #31 on: Aug 28, 2008, 07:00 »
You know the talk about oaths and vows is great. The talk about using spell check and forming proper sentences, even greater. But does anyone know where this young man, TexasDalton is? He asked all those deep questions, stirring the pot amongst us, and doesn't even log on to view the replies, answer some questions, or give a quick comment? For someone who seemed to have their panties in a bunch, I wonder if he finally decided to talk to his recruiter? Or flee the country?

I agree, that is why I said we are probably talking to the wind. I am pretty sure he doesn't give a crap about anything we are saying here. But that is also why I said not to let the door his him behind on his way out as I am pretty we aren't going to hear much from him again. :)

Justin

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #32 on: Sep 03, 2008, 03:44 »
i signed the contract for the navy, i havent not left yet tho for boot camp. am i still about to get out of my contract? please someone help

IF you have not actually sworn in, YOU ARE NOT IN THE NAVY!

bheinz

« Reply #33 on: Sep 04, 2008, 09:23 »
IF you have not actually sworn in, YOU ARE NOT IN THE NAVY!

Yup, I think he's gone and the topic dead.

PapaBear765

« Reply #34 on: Sep 21, 2008, 04:38 »
I'm surprised you guys even put forth so much effort for someone who obviously doesn't deserve it.  He probably didn't like what he was reading and is at Great Lakes now getting yelled at by his RDC, because he didn't have the fortitude or failed to do the research needed to evade his commitment.

Yeah, yeah...vows/oaths are wonderful things, nice ideas.  Unless legal action is enabled that will seize someone's house or finances, then no signature on a piece of paper or any words uttered are worth anything.  I agree with everyone who believes that taking an oath should count for something, but we're talking about human nature here.  If the average person can't literally be forced to do something, be held accountable, then they're not going to do it if they don't want to.  An oath is only as meaningful as the individual makes it.

This is evidenced by the excessive rate in America and the ease with which I've seen guys either get out of sub duty or put in limbo with respect to their NEC status for one bs reason or another.  Seeing these things hasn't demotivated me or shown me a method by which I could use to get out of the navy early.  Rather it shows me how I don't want to be anything like those weak-willed people.  Therefore, I've stuck by my word and will finish out my contract despite the horrible days I've had in the navy.

No matter what TD does, I hope he learns from it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?