Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu When are you "cleared"?
honeypot

Author Topic: When are you "cleared"?  (Read 4853 times)

Glowing_Since_09

When are you "cleared"?
« on: Sep 28, 2009, 04:56 »
I'm shipping soon and so are my buddies, and were curious on when were okay for security clearance. A lot of recruiters keeps scaring us at every turn, "ANY DISCLOSED INFORMATION?! THEY WILL FIND OUT AT BOOT CAMP!"

When in boot camp are you "okay" to go about your business and move on?

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: When are you "cleared"?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2009, 05:04 »
I'm shipping soon and so are my buddies, and were curious on when were okay for security clearance. A lot of recruiters keeps scaring us at every turn, "ANY DISCLOSED INFORMATION?! THEY WILL FIND OUT AT BOOT CAMP!"

If you don't have anything to hide, then you've got nothing to worry about.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

withroaj

« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2009, 05:57 »

You are "okay" when you get your clearance.  Unless you ruin your credit, beat your wife, commit a felony...

If by "when can you go about your business" you mean "when can you stop behaving" the answer is pretty much "when you don't need a clearance anymore."

If you're wondering when you can admit all of the things you neglected to mention on your security interviews...  I'd suggest you get waivers at your local recruiting office.  For what it's worth, they actually interviewed some of my references.  It took me some extra months to get a clearance pending the investigation.  In the end the truth paid off and I still have a job.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:57 »
I'll even bet "they" read websites nowadays....  :P

Glowing_Since_09

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2009, 12:13 »
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Glowing_Since_09

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2009, 12:16 »

If you're wondering when you can admit all of the things you neglected to mention on your security interviews.

Im fresh out of High School, never had a credit card, never been in trouble, and the only parking ticket that exists only exists because my father was driving my car (as were all on the same insurance).

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2009, 02:27 »
Is it just me or have their been a seemingly endless stream of questions that sound like the poster is trying to hide stuff while enlisting? Have we sunk so far as a society that our children now feel the need to scam their way through their lives? Since when did telling the truth and being honest become a bad thing? Sorry for the short rant but this is getting ridiculous in my mind >:(
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2009, 06:40 »
I couldn't agree more.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2009, 07:37 »
You are never fully cleared depending on your clearance,  You will get checked periodically and if something comes up 20 years from now and you lied you are out.  I seen it.  You are cleared when you drop your clearance. Then you can work in most places if you do not have a felony.  Always admit everything.  It is easier!!

co60slr

« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2009, 07:51 »
Is it just me or have their been a seemingly endless stream of questions that sound like the poster is trying to hide stuff while enlisting? Have we sunk so far as a society that our children now feel the need to scam their way through their lives? Since when did telling the truth and being honest become a bad thing? Sorry for the short rant but this is getting ridiculous in my mind >:(
If everyone told the truth, then we wouldn't need a security clearance process.  Meanwhile, what these new recruits don't seem to comprehend is that the investigation is "open" until you leave the military.   Anything, anytime, anywhere...can "raise it's ugly head" and one can find themselves without the precious security badge, clearance, etc.  Many postings seem to suggest that some are waiting to "sneak in under the wire" and then celebrate; however, not the case.   It all starts over during the reinvestigation.   

I'm not familiar with any NNPP policy that outlines a statute of limitations on lying.  :-)

Offline stormgoalie

• Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2009, 08:36 »
If everyone told the truth, then we wouldn't need a security clearance process. 

I agree.  My point is that they seem to come on here asking what they can get away with and hide.  It just grates a little bit.
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Offline stormgoalie

• Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2009, 08:20 »

It's not endless, there's some really good talent with strong integrity currently standing the watch,....Of this I have no doubt

It's just the percentages of artful dodgers that are uncomfortable,...My point exactly

I do not remember losing any nukes to security issues on the boats, nuke school and prototype went by in a whir and I did not pay attention to the details of things that did not directly affect my qualification when in the pipeline,....

And they may have always been there, we were just never aware of it before the internet, perhaps the security folks have always known it,.... One would seriously hope so

I imagine the security folks do a satisfactory job of weeding them out,...Me too

Sorry for my earlier rant, I never was good at the whole "juvenile" thing, not even when I was one,.....There was a rant ;)

But the rant stands without edit, because part of me does feel that way, thankfully, it's not the part that is in control for more than a few moments at a time,... 8)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?