Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Please Help!!  

Author Topic: Please Help!!  (Read 8704 times)

Fermi2

Please Help!!
« on: Nov 12, 2011, 01:08 »
Mike,

I fully understand if you delete this but I promise there is something for Nukeworker in the end. If you do delete it I hope you do not mind if I place this at the end of my post.

I know a very HUGE hearted girl. Her brother is an active member of the military and she goes out of her way to help and honor veterans. Every year in lieu of presents or gifts she creates links to various charities for friends and family to give, Last year was St Judes and she was heartbroken that she only made about 20% of her 500 dollar goal. Trust me, just prior to Christmas she will donate but does not do so before as she fears it will cause others to not donate as she nears her goal. The amount WE donate will not affect her donation. She's a sweet girl with a HUGE heart.

The link is below:

http://www.razoo.com/story/Kobeswish/

You need to go to the top right hand of the page to donate to her chosen charity if you elect to do so.

What am I doing?

At the end of this I am donating 250 dollars to her chosen charity.

AND

If she meets her goal YES I will become a paid nukeworker member. (I know who cares but I have had so many requests over the years.

Thank you guys.

Again Mike, I know you do not want to turn this into a beggars banquet for charities but given what this young lady thinks of veterans and the service her brother gives I hoped I would not be stepping on anyones toes.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Please Help!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2011, 02:16 »
I'm trying to imagine BZ in PolySci!!!   

[jerry]

drayer54

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2011, 02:31 »
I'm trying to imagine BZ in PolySci!!!   
[jerry]
I'm sure he is a bleeding heart liberal.   :P

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2011, 05:09 »
Well this is your chance to find out!

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2011, 05:26 »
Well this is your chance to find out!

I already know! Glad you are feeling better brother.  We ate at the Mellow Mushroom last night.... Thought of you and Lupie's....we need to do that again!

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2011, 07:13 »
I already know! Glad you are feeling better brother.  We ate at the Mellow Mushroom last night.... Thought of you and Lupie's....we need to do that again!

Thanks, it was quite a scare and still no one knows why it happened. The MM in C Nooga?

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2011, 07:39 »
Thanks, it was quite a scare and still no one knows why it happened. The MM in C Nooga?

No, here in Jackson, MS. I would have called if we were on Chagt.

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2011, 01:20 »
Coming back on topic..... BZ, I was happy to contribute a small donation to help the lady....... It had and has nothing to do with whether you contribute to Nukeworker or not.
I would hope that whether she makes it or not, you could actually pony up to help Mike with the costs of something you use a lot.

Mike K
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2011, 04:30 »
Coming back on topic..... BZ, I was happy to contribute a small donation to help the lady....... It had and has nothing to do with whether you contribute to Nukeworker or not.
I would hope that whether she makes it or not, you could actually pony up to help Mike with the costs of something you use a lot.

Mike K

First thank you. Kobe thanks you too.

Second, i think we both know I'll join regardless!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Jul 27, 2012, 12:24 »
If she meets her goal YES I will become a paid nukeworker member. (I know who cares but I have had so many requests over the years.

Second, i think we both know I'll join regardless!

How did everything work out?
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2012, 12:25 by Rennhack »

Fermi2

« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2012, 05:15 »
She didn't make it.
I'll tell you what though.
Look up Hollie Stevens on the internet. Sad story about cancer. Then go to her twitter page and follow her tweets until she drops off the map on June 18th. She died July 3rd of cancer. Up till the end she put up a hell of a fight and if you read her tweet history it's sad as hell.
If 5 people read it and donate to the charity as delineated on her twitter page I'll join. Its for a good cause.

Offline Fluffy Bunny

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Jul 30, 2012, 12:35 »
If 5 people read it and donate to the charity as delineated on her twitter page I'll join.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.
[stir] I'm the Troll your mother warned you about, feed me.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?