Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC Instructor honeypot

Author Topic: NUPOC Instructor  (Read 6407 times)

Offline rjpattil

• Very Lite User
NUPOC Instructor
« on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:39 »
I am awaiting my first phone interview in the NUPOC application process. I have done a lot of research on both instructor and Surface Officer positions. I am sort of a tweener academicly I have a 3.4 in Civil Engineering at NC State. I know surface would be better on the resume when getting in the civilian jobs but I was wondering if I would have time to complete a graduate degree while working as an instructor. I know the surface job is extremely demanding but I'm sure the instructor position is to. If anyone knows how much free time instructor's have I would really appreciate the information moving forward.

Thank You

LaFeet

Re: NUPOC Instructor
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2012, 04:14 »
Sorry sir,  but you may wish to review your grammer skills.....

As for instructor duty,  you should have ample time to work on your additional schooling.

Good luck and thank you for your service.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:10 »
Sorry sir,  but you may wish to review your grammer grammar skills.....

As for instructor duty,  you should have ample time to work on your additional schooling.

Good luck and thank you for your service.

Oh, the irony... :)

LaFeet

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2012, 10:36 »
Starkist,  I put that in there on purpose....

I cannot help myself - still training officers  :P

Offline ToadSuck

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2012, 01:57 »
My personal opinion is that you will have more time as an instructor.

On a secondary note...I don't know which degree you are trying for, but check out Old Dominion. They have a program that they worked out with the Navy that once officers finish Nuke school they will be 7 CD-ROM courses away from a Master in ??? (I think it was Nuclear Management...can't remember). The degree is accredited and it was designed this way so that even Sub officers could finish it without having access to the internet.

Offline ToadSuck

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2012, 02:02 »
Here is the link to their MEM in Engineering Management by Portable Media...http://dl.odu.edu/programs/engineering-management-by-portable-media

Offline rjpattil

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:22 »
I really appreciate all the info. The degree sounds like a good deal. I still haven't got the phone call so it's looking like February DC interview if all goes well.

Offline rjpattil

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2012, 06:17 »
I just wanted to say thanks again and that I made it to DC. I'm scheduled to fly up there the 21st for the last set of interviews.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?