Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu problem enlisting in the nuclear program

Author Topic: problem enlisting in the nuclear program  (Read 6169 times)

Offline r6370z

• Lurker
problem enlisting in the nuclear program
« on: May 29, 2012, 05:14 »
I got a qualifying score on the ASVAB for the nuclear program, but I have too many waivers and was denied. My waivers are for an unpaid bill that went to collection but is now paid, a speeding ticket that was paid off, a dep discharge, and my mother is from Mexico but is now a US citizen. I was told they will not take anyone with more than three waivers. Is there a possibility that I can still get into the program if I wait long enough for this rule to change, or should I just go with a different job?

Offline DontGoToNPTU

• Moderate User
Re: problem enlisting in the nuclear program
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 07:08 »
Right now there is a huge bottle neck at prototype. Between now and 2022 there will be average of ~400 students on hold between power school and prototype. This why they are limiting waivers because they could potentially hold up your security clearance between 'A' school and power school and they don't want people spending 1+ years on hold and then getting to their boat with only three years until their EAOS. Sorry to be the one to bring the bad news but I doubt this rule will be lifted anytime soon. Some other guys here could probably give you ideas on how to get into the civilian sector.

Offline r6370z

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 07:45 »
Thank you, I guess I wont be going to NPTU lol.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:46 by r6370z »

Offline yota

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 04:05 »
Right now there is a huge bottle neck at prototype. Between now and 2022 there will be average of ~400 students on hold between power school and prototype. This why they are limiting waivers because they could potentially hold up your security clearance between 'A' school and power school and they don't want people spending 1+ years on hold and then getting to their boat with only three years until their EAOS. Sorry to be the one to bring the bad news but I doubt this rule will be lifted anytime soon. Some other guys here could probably give you ideas on how to get into the civilian sector.

3.5 weeks of indoc, 3.5 months of t-track, 6 months of grad hold, and I'm about to go into a 2 month hold for CRC school  ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 05:21 »
3.5 weeks of indoc, 3.5 months of t-track, 6 months of grad hold, and I'm about to go into a 2 month hold for CRC school  ;)

So after your PT, what are you studying to be ready when CRC classes up?  [dink]

HeavyD

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:25 »
Quick question for ya, yota.

What is CRC school?

When I went to Power School (in 1992), CRC stood for Chem/Radcon.  Are you at NPTU and getting ready to start ELT school?  I might have missed that earlier in the thread.  It happens when you get older :)

Good luck and keep pushing!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 07:48 »
Quick question for ya, yota.

What is CRC school?

When I went to Power School (in 1992), CRC stood for Chem/Radcon.  Are you at NPTU and getting ready to start ELT school?  I might have missed that earlier in the thread.  It happens when you get older :)

Good luck and keep pushing!

Go to;

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=24858

then click on;

Show the last posts of this person.

then "Ctrl+F",...

then type "ELT" in the "Find" window,...

Then click the "Next" button,...

then read the highlighted post,....

As yota has been a diligent and well balanced poster to these threads for almost three years as concerns his "Navy Nuclear Journey" thus far, give him a small bit of credit for probably having laid the foundation for each step of that journey,...

Since yota puts such good effort into his contributions, put some of your own time into researching his efforts rather than compel him to type the same thing over and over, his time is valuable too you know, respect it a little bit,...

CRC has been understood to refer to Chem/Radcon School at the NPTU's for decades, it meant the same thing back when Ronald Reagan was first sworn in as POTUS and before that too,...

you do get points for asking politely and using emoticons,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #7 on: Jun 02, 2012, 07:46 »
it meant the same thing back when Ronald Reagan was first sworn in as POTUS

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

The good ol' days! <3
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #8 on: Jun 02, 2012, 09:59 »
it meant the same thing back when Ronald Reagan was first sworn in as POTUS and before that too,...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

The good ol' days! <3

Indeed!

Offline yota

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Jun 03, 2012, 05:08 »
As stated, CRC= Chem/RadCon.

What will I be studying during my hold? Who knows? I'm on the final 24 hour countdown for my FOB on my MO quals right now. Once that is over, I'm going to relax and do food runs until graduation on the 15th and then take some leave to see my son who I haven't seen since Thanksgiving. I've had my head in the "game" this whole time, now I'm going to take some "me" time while I still can before I get to the fleet. I have a decent memory and I know, based on every other step of the journey in the pipeline, that I will learn what I need to know, when I need to know it.  ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?