Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Centrus and Oklo honeypot

Author Topic: Centrus and Oklo  (Read 125 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Centrus and Oklo
« on: Sep 12, 2023, 05:12 »
I have been following Centrus news for the last two years or so, mainly because I have roots in the Piketon, OH area. I wanted to bring to the discussion board the thoughts of this nuclear power company called Oklo signing a Memorandum of understanding with Centrus.

Oklo is currently going through steps with the NRC to build a SMR at the Idaho National Lab, but they have already been turned down once due to insufficient information. With Centrus the forerunner for HALEU production, does anyone truly believe a reactor will be built in Southern Ohio? The MOU states that Oklo has intentions of building right next to the supplier of fuel and Centrus has intents of buying power.

I have optimistic hopes that it can happen and I believe if the NRC lets Oklo do something at INL the possibility increases.

Just want to hear thoughts and concerns about this.

Thanks

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Centrus and Oklo
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2023, 09:13 »
Oklo plans two plants in Southern Ohio

https://www.world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Oklo-plans-two-plants-in-Southern-Ohio

besides this?   Haven't heard anything since.  Workers always wanted a reactor at the site.  Power lines and water in place.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?