Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Waivers

Author Topic: Waivers  (Read 52368 times)

dewf

Re: Waivers
« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2008, 10:58 »
So make sure you have a clean past and clean credit before going that route.

i have a clean past, but certainly an undesirable credit... idk if ppl have experience with this, it'd be nice to know now instead of making it through boot and finding out after.

I have been in college for 3 years, and i have a credit card bill. not a big one. but sometimes in the past it didn't get paid.  :P I haven't been approached yet about waivers? should i have been?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #26 on: Feb 20, 2008, 12:05 »
i have a clean past, but certainly an undesirable credit... idk if ppl have experience with this, it'd be nice to know now instead of making it through boot and finding out after.

I have been in college for 3 years, and i have a credit card bill. not a big one. but sometimes in the past it didn't get paid.  :P I haven't been approached yet about waivers? should i have been?

If, when the security questionnaire asks if you have ever been late paying bills, and you lie, then yes you should worry. If you do not lie, then you don't need to worry... for nuke that is.

Justin

dewf

« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2008, 01:09 »
If, when the security questionnaire asks if you have ever been late paying bills, and you lie, then yes you should worry. If you do not lie, then you don't need to worry... for nuke that is.

Justin

lol well certainly some things have come up since december. and i didn't lie about having not paid bills. so the waiver just goes through or doesn't regardless of ones knowledge of it happening?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2008, 02:00 »
lol well certainly some things have come up since december. and i didn't lie about having not paid bills. so the waiver just goes through or doesn't regardless of ones knowledge of it happening?

What do you need a waiver for? I didn't need any waivers so I can't answer your question about whether or not you are privy to them being approved. I guess one way to know is when you are on the plan on your way to boot.

Justin

Turtleberry

« Reply #29 on: Feb 25, 2008, 11:14 »
Well if anyone cares I recieved a call today, I have successfully reclassified to CTI. Top secret clearance security check took all of 3 days. I will be shipping out March 4th as a CTI.

Might be seeing some of you guys on a sub or boat in the future, I'll see you then. /salute

taterhead

« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2008, 11:19 »
Well if anyone cares I recieved a call today, I have successfully reclassified to CTI. Top secret clearance security check took all of 3 days. I will be shipping out March 4th as a CTI.

That sounds unsusually fast, but congrats, you did well.

dewf

« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2008, 11:43 »
congrats on CTI turtle!

are cti and nuke both top secret? idk anything about this.... clearance ordeal.

Turtleberry

« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2008, 11:59 »
I heard they needed to interview my neighbors and research my distant family members and such so yea I was suprised it happened so fast as well. Not quite sure what the classifier did for me but I can't complain. All my immediate family are US citizens, no criminal record, never got a traffic ticket, paid all my credit card bills on time, never did drugs. I looked good on paper I suppose.
 I am a little disapointed I won't be a nuke, but still satisfied with my job rating. Thanks folks, even though I'm not a nuke I can't help but love this forum.

Nuke is generally secret level clearance, but you don't do anything extra for Top secret security clearance, just some paperwork and higher level of scrutiny I suppose.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #33 on: Feb 26, 2008, 12:05 »
Ya I am not sure you actually have the clearance yet. I am not sure its possible to complete the investigation in 3 days. IF they did, well good for you. They might have done a prelim to get you in but you won't actually be granted it until you need it... THEN they would really investigate.

Justin

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #34 on: Feb 26, 2008, 12:08 »
Nuke is not TS unless you warrant it.  Example (but not limited too): Submarines when on a Special Boat.  But, in reality everyone on the boat has a TS when that is the case.

So, sorry ... Nukes generally don't go through a TS clearance.

(My lawyer told me to add that I've not been in the Nav in over 12 years.)

You're right highest needed is secret, unless you are on the "special" boat.

Justin

Turtleberry

« Reply #35 on: Feb 26, 2008, 09:29 »
Ya I am not sure you actually have the clearance yet. I am not sure its possible to complete the investigation in 3 days. IF they did, well good for you. They might have done a prelim to get you in but you won't actually be granted it until you need it... THEN they would really investigate.

Justin

That sounds a lot more reasonable. I'll find out in the future I guess...

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:07 »
That sounds a lot more reasonable. I'll find out in the future I guess...

Yup just keep your nose clean no matter what... and pay your bills. :)

Justin

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #37 on: Mar 02, 2008, 12:04 »

Again, when I joined the navy, I had to get waivers because of my credit and fiscal situation. However, prior to leaving for bootcamp, I made arrangements to have my bills paid off. That alone is why the EMCS there let me be a nuke. He told me straight up, I wouldnt be able to be a nuke if I had not made those arrangements. Ill put it like this... you are trying to get a job for/with the governement. they know EVERYTHING already, might as well do the right thing and make yourself look better in the process :)

dewf

« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2008, 12:22 »
However, prior to leaving for bootcamp, I made arrangements to have my bills paid off. That alone is why the EMCS there let me be a nuke. He told me straight up, I wouldnt be able to be a nuke if I had not made those arrangements. Ill put it like this... you are trying to get a job for/with the governement. they know EVERYTHING already, might as well do the right thing and make yourself look better in the process :)

thanks for the advice. did you have them paid off while you were in boot camp?

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #39 on: Mar 02, 2008, 12:39 »
thanks for the advice. did you have them paid off while you were in boot camp?

no, i called the people up and said i was joining the military, meaning i was going to be in boot camp for a couple months (lots of cash left over). So I would pay off my bills after bootcamp. I think I set an exact date too (long time ago). Just be prepared dude, and dont hide things from the one employer that can TRULY find everything :)

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #40 on: Mar 02, 2008, 01:23 »

Nuke is generally secret level clearance, but you don't do anything extra for Top secret security clearance, just some paperwork and higher level of scrutiny I suppose.

Not true.  There are various levels of TS clearance and it is much harder to get.  I had to have a polygraph test.  Every nuke at my previous command (USS JIMMY CARTER) did.  As EDMC I had a slightly higher need to know than the majority of nukes because of the operational briefings I was required to attend, but that just changed what I was "read in to".  The biggest hurdle for lots of guys is excessive debt.  Most places do a preliminary screening to check for flags (felony conviction, bankruptcy, excessive debt) prior to sending you to a billet that requires TS clearance.  Prior to getting access to the TS information you have to have your clearance finalized which, in most cases, requires a polygraph.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

dewf

« Reply #41 on: Mar 02, 2008, 06:31 »
no, i called the people up and said i was joining the military, meaning i was going to be in boot camp for a couple months (lots of cash left over). So I would pay off my bills after bootcamp. I think I set an exact date too (long time ago). Just be prepared dude, and dont hide things from the one employer that can TRULY find everything :)

yea, i'm like... out of money. haha. just sitting around waiting for apr. 24 to come around.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #42 on: Mar 06, 2008, 06:17 »
congrats on CTI turtle!

are cti and nuke both top secret? idk anything about this.... clearance ordeal.

Both my parents were CT's (Air Force and Army :D), and from what they say, its a huge ordeal to get the clearance required to go there. Im kind of flabbergasted he qual'd for CTI and not Nuke O.o.   

That said, Cheers on becoming a CT :) enjoy your "total emersion" courses!!!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #43 on: Mar 06, 2008, 07:47 »
Im kind of flabbergasted he qual'd for CTI and not Nuke O.o.   

Why? Its easy... you don't have to be smart to be a CT or get the clearance. You just have to not be a spy and pay your bills.

Justin
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2008, 07:47 by JustinHEMI »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #44 on: Mar 06, 2008, 08:51 »
Why? Its easy... you don't have to be smart to be a CT or get the clearance. You just have to not be a spy and pay your bills.

Justin

Its actually not that easy. You have to have a higher asvab then nuke to get it, and you have a higher clearance to be accepted...  NOT TO MENTION THE D-BATTERY! (I dont think many nukes would pass it) I am coming from a family with a history of CT's. You may not agree with my other posts here, but I have firsthand knowledge of this one.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #45 on: Mar 06, 2008, 09:29 »
Its actually not that easy. You have to have a higher asvab then nuke to get it, and you have a higher clearance to be accepted...  NOT TO MENTION THE D-BATTERY! (I dont think many nukes would pass it) I am coming from a family with a history of CT's. You may not agree with my other posts here, but I have firsthand knowledge of this one.

Hahaha ok.

Justin

Fermi2

« Reply #46 on: Mar 06, 2008, 11:34 »

Yeah right. Most CTs I met shouldn't be allowed to pump their own gas. I bet most nukes could pass CT School, most CTs could not pass nuke school. My neighbor kid, who is a Grade A idiot if there ever was one is a CT3.

Mike

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #47 on: Mar 07, 2008, 07:57 »

Yeah right. Most CTs I met shouldn't be allowed to pump their own gas. I bet most nukes could pass CT School, most CTs could not pass nuke school. My neighbor kid, who is a Grade A idiot if there ever was one is a CT3.

Mike

Thanks. I was tired of arguing with a kid that knows it all.

Justin

Fermi2

« Reply #48 on: Mar 07, 2008, 10:25 »
When he actually qualifies something I might take his statements to about 1% believability.

By the way, I was on a Spook Boat. Our clearances were well above TS and were in fact designated by letters. The actual letter designations of the clearances were classified. A TS wouldn't have gotten one on the SSN 687. At the time there was no polygraph, in fact they don't base your clearance on a polygraph it has to be based on background and investigation.

There were a LOT of interviews with the FBI and the DIS/NIS.

Mike

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #49 on: Mar 07, 2008, 06:41 »
Let me get this right.  A nuke candidate flunks out at NFAS or NPS.  If he's a decent guy or gal he can be a CT.  So that makes being a CT harder to get?  You are right about the security clearance (in some cases).
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?