Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Japan's Nuclear Power Sector Awakens After Long Sleep  

Author Topic: Japan's Nuclear Power Sector Awakens After Long Sleep  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
Re: Japan's Nuclear Power Sector Awakens After Long Sleep
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2015, 09:27 »
Should have been done over 3 years ago. Well, at least they have begun to start them back up.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2015, 09:39 »
Should have been done over 3 years ago. Well, at least they have begun to start them back up.

Considering that the Fukushima management was grossly negligent in the management of their site and the regulatory group in place at the time was as soft as they were, I'd say 4 years was a pretty darn quick turnaround for the Japanese Nuke Industry. A new regulatory group formed or realigned, whatever you want to call it. Mandatory modifications and inspections prior to restart. I completely understand wanting all modifications in place prior to any restarts. The entire country sits on the ring of fire and is basically at sea level.

Just try to imagine how bad it would have been if Besse would have went through the remaining 3/8" back in 02. How different would our industry be today?  [2cents]
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2015, 09:39 by ksheed12 »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2015, 11:14 »
I agree, however in my mind these modifications should have been simply.....protect your emergency diesel generators from anything possibly thought up by Engineers, Conspiracy Theorists and Sci-Fi nerds. As much as having these Nukes shut down hurt Japan, and the fact Fukushima's radiation release had not harmed a single person, I believe they should have been started back up 3 years ago. However, I'm not surprised it took this long, I just don't agree with the delay.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?