Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu I am in :)

Author Topic: I am in :)  (Read 6342 times)

JustinHEMI05

I am in :)
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:08 »
Just accepted an offer for a sweet operations instructor position at Palo Verde! I am stoked to get the opportunity to work at the number one plant on my list of places to work! Sure, I am giving up some money by not taking one of the several instant SRO jobs offered, but it wasn't all about the money. I chose location first because its about my happiness and I am going to be very happy there doing what I want to be doing. I think my chances for success are better on this path vice instant and I couldn't ask for anything more. Besides, I get SRO cert and can cross over if I want someday. Goodbye Navy, hello Commercial Nukes! :)

Justin
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:10 by JustinHEMI05 »

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: I am in :)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:16 »
Congratulations Justin!  Best of luck in the new job, and Thanks for your service to our country also.  Glad to hear you got your first choice, too. 
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:50 »
congrats bro.  get some experience and get on the road!  you might be able to make some big $$$ with that SRO cert contracting as a trainer.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 09:15 »
Congratulations!

(Did I ever tell you about the new Palo Verde worker who bought his house on the East side of Phoenix because his Realtor told him he thought it was closer? Don't make any hasty mistakes!)

SRO Cert is certainly the way to go for an instructor position. Only OPS will require an actual license.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 10:07 »
Thanks fellas! I am thoroughly excited... and... nervous. Gonna be a big change both in jobs and climates. I am a NE boy and am hoping I can adjust well to the climate. As far as buying a house... I decided to rent my first year to avoid mistakes like you mentioned. I want to learn the area and be sure I like it there before I make any purchase decisions.

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?