Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The 1 year remaining TA requirement gone  

Author Topic: The 1 year remaining TA requirement gone  (Read 5622 times)

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
The 1 year remaining TA requirement gone
« on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:57 »
Just FYI the requirement for having one year left on your current enlistment to get TA has been lifted by NAVADMIN 042/08. The other requirements like passing the PFA and advancement exam still stand.

ddklbl

Re: The 1 year remaining TA requirement gone
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2008, 04:39 »
I want a refund for the classes they stiffed me on now.

taterhead

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2008, 05:11 »

Just sign up again...

mlslstephens

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2008, 05:15 »
I must agree with you on this.  We, of course, know there is no way the Navy will reimburse; however, the decision to take away TA for the last year of an enlistment was perhaps the worst decision I've seen in 22 years.  I did support the PFA and exam requirements though.
I am so glad they've come to their senses.  The public outcry was large on this issue.  The structure of the Navy doesn't support everyone staying in...not that everyone wants to.  So why punish, an individual, who has served faithfully and now has decided to move on to a different career.  Just my .02

dd, who knows what will happen.  If enough people complain about such a quick turnaround on the Navy's bad decision, maybe they will reimburse.  If no one complains, I guarantee they won't.   ;)

ddklbl

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 05:52 »
Ohh.... I'm just kidding...

Although I remember sitting in the PMC's office when he told me about the new instruction.  I remember telling him that the no money your last year wasn't going to fly far.  I understand the PFA and good conduct conditions, but the time issue punished too many good people for no reason.  It didn't make sense either.  We tell people to develop themselves as they get ready for their transition out of the military and then pull the rug out from under them when they need it the most.  Funny, though, because I know a few people who are loading up now with 12 hours and more to finish their degrees because they were afraid of not finishing on the TA's dime.

What they need to do is go back to the 75% no limit version.  I paid a lot less then. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?