Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Illinois Doesn't Value Exelon's Nuclear Power honeypot

Author Topic: Illinois Doesn't Value Exelon's Nuclear Power  (Read 5151 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Illinois Doesn't Value Exelon's Nuclear Power
« on: Jul 02, 2016, 10:27 »

Illinois Doesn't Value Exelon's Nuclear Power -- and That's a Huge Climate Mistake

Investors shouldn't panic, but politicians mightThe closures may not go through. By drawing a line in the sand and holding firm, Exelon may have just saved nuclear energy in Illinois -- and compromises in the state could lay the foundation for more appropriately valuing atomic energy throughout the United States.
The Wall Street Journal reported that environmental groups and regulators are now working out a deal that would keep Exelon's reactors online, promote renewable energy investment, and increase energy efficiency across the state. In other words, Illinois may be drafting a framework that includes nuclear energy in subsidies that create incentives for all sources of carbon-free electricity, not just wind and solar. That may not be enough to justify building new nuclear power plants, but it could provide a major boost for Exelon shareholders by wiping out huge losses and perhaps allowing for dividend increases in the next few years.

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/07/02/illinois-doesnt-value-exelons-nuclear-power-and-th.aspx#.V3exvS-mAJQ.twitter

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Re: Illinois Doesn't Value Exelon's Nuclear Power
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2016, 11:37 »
Bullcrap

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2016, 05:01 »
No wont happen

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2016, 05:57 »
yeah we already know how you feel with your bullcrap comment.  that was enough.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2016, 07:23 »
It wont happen and we all know it. Your somewhere over the rainbow viewpoint does not save nuclear and neither does campaigning for meaningless laws in a state that quite simply doesnt care if said laws are passed. I predicted over 4 years ago this day was coming and no one believed me. Fiscal responsibilty is all that matters.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2016, 09:36 »
You said nuclear was dead soothsayer.  Not dead in the US.  And its not dead anywhere.  Your hopey changy thing changes by the month.  Wonder what you'll "predict" next.  Yeah of course Fukushima and cheap natural gas are going to be bad for nuclear.  Brilliant.  But it isn't dead.  And it's got a long way to go before it is dead.  I think you're just upset because things aren't going like you thought.  Except for quad cities I don't see any nuclear plants except single units going down for fiscal reasons only, mostly old units with environmental issues.  Diablo has 9 years left running until it's license is expired and will probably operate until then.  Of course Cali is going to try to shut their last nuke down those people are crazy.  We will see what happens in the future oh wise one who knows all.  We will also see your predictions change before our very eyes depending on what fits your need to be highly thought of.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2016, 09:46 »
It wont happen and we all know it. Your somewhere over the rainbow viewpoint does not save nuclear and neither does campaigning for meaningless laws in a state that quite simply doesnt care if said laws are passed. I predicted over 4 years ago this day was coming and no one believed me. Fiscal responsibilty is all that matters.

Illinois Doesn't Value Exelon's Nuclear Power -- and That's a Huge Climate Mistake

Investors shouldn't panic, but politicians mightThe closures may not go through. By drawing a line in the sand and holding firm, Exelon may have just saved nuclear energy in Illinois -- and compromises in the state could lay the foundation for more appropriately valuing atomic energy throughout the United States.
The Wall Street Journal reported that environmental groups and regulators are now working out a deal that would keep Exelon's reactors online, promote renewable energy investment, and increase energy efficiency across the state. In other words, Illinois may be drafting a framework that includes nuclear energy in subsidies that create incentives for all sources of carbon-free electricity, not just wind and solar. That may not be enough to justify building new nuclear power plants, but it could provide a major boost for Exelon shareholders by wiping out huge losses and perhaps allowing for dividend increases in the next few years.

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/07/02/illinois-doesnt-value-exelons-nuclear-power-and-th.aspx#.V3exvS-mAJQ.twitter

You have a bug in the negotiating room, or as usual did not read for comprehension.

:-\

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Jul 03, 2016, 12:58 »
Like I said Bullcrap. It wont happen

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2016, 01:00 »
Damn this group used to have a lot more intellectual honesty. Now for the most part its just the same people posting meaningless links.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2016, 01:22 »
Damn this group used to have a lot more intellectual honesty. Now for the most part its just the same people posting meaningless links.

Yes I noticed that, insightful thoughtful discussion and tolerance for others opinions seem to be gone.

[coffee]

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Jul 03, 2016, 02:22 »
Yeah, too many one word posts with no meat behind them from narcissistic individuals who think the sun rises and sets on their every thought.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Jul 03, 2016, 02:24 »
There is probably a great natural gas forum where that one word type rhetoric really means something though.  Maybe those people should go there for stimulating conversation and thoughtful banter. 

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #13 on: Jul 03, 2016, 03:42 »
There is probably a great natural gas forum where that one word type rhetoric really means something though.  Maybe those people should go there for stimulating conversation and thoughtful banter. 

okay, that was just snarky,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Jul 03, 2016, 04:34 »
yes it was!!!  certain things bring out the snark in me.   :notrolls:   But I can't help myself.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #15 on: Jul 03, 2016, 05:18 »
.... certain things bring out the snark in me.....

I thinks thatz the one of the desired results,...
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2016, 05:20 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?