Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu DONE WITH BOOTCAMP!!!!!!!! honeypot

Author Topic: DONE WITH BOOTCAMP!!!!!!!!  (Read 7798 times)

Offline Marc622

• Light User
DONE WITH BOOTCAMP!!!!!!!!
« on: Jan 03, 2010, 03:52 »
Currently out/enjoying my weekend liberty. I'll be arriving in Charleston on Wednesday.

JustinHEMI05

Re: DONE WITH BOOTCAMP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2010, 04:05 »
Congratulations! Thanks for the update!

imthehoopa

« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2010, 05:10 »
Welcome to NNPTC. Here's the simplest advice you can get for indoc. You'll hear this often I'm sure... Enjoy your indoc time and don't get in trouble. The hard work starts soon.

-MM3 imthehoopa

Offline Golly Orby

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2010, 08:47 »
Recently, they've been making the indocs qualify watches while waiting to class up.  If that's the case, I'd advise getting that done as soon as possible so that you can have more time for getting stuff done in "A" school.

Welcome to Charleston!

Maziwrath

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2010, 09:49 »
My advice is not to drink underage/drink and drive. Ive know too many people who made that mistake.

Offline Wareal

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2010, 11:54 »
My advice is not to drink underage/drink and drive. Ive know too many people who made that mistake.

Excellent advice.  A classmate of my son was DUI the night before Power school graduation.  He didn't graduate and he was discharged soon afterward.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2010, 09:41 »

Very good advice.

My brother in-law was dropped from the nuke pipeline during DEP for underaged drinking and no waiver was allowed even though it would have been waivered if it happened before signing up on DEPs.

imthehoopa

« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2010, 02:36 »

8 more just joined the ranks of the restricted personnel yesterday. 7 of which were for alcohol related incidents. This is the most commonly ignored piece of advice around here.

Maziwrath

« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2010, 03:15 »
8 more just joined the ranks of the restricted personnel yesterday. 7 of which were for alcohol related incidents. This is the most commonly ignored piece of advice around here.

Yup. Which is exactly what made me say that.

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:56 »
Thanks for the advice guys. This week all briefs, next week class :). BTW if any1 new reads this, have fun cleaning while in Indoc.

Offline Pirate Bob

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:49 »
have fun cleaning while in Indoc.

Oh, they'll have plenty of time cleaning for the rest of their enlistment.  I'm sure of it.   ;D

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:07 »
" Join the Navy and clean the world! "

Offline heywaitfourme

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2010, 07:23 »
Might I ask how you like class? I graduated this past friday.

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2010, 03:51 »
I start class this coming Monday. Hello Math and Basic Elec. :)

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2010, 05:57 »
With the introductory classes (math, in particular) you will find that the material is very easy.  I wish I could discuss specifics, but unfortunately I can't (at least not in an open forum.  PM me if you're really dying to know what they teach)

The reason for this easy introductory material is twofold.

1) It provides a uniform basis upon which all other material will be taught.  Some people have either forgotten or never learned these math fundamentals and it's just a good idea to start off with the basics.

2) More importantly, it teaches you the PROCESS of how business is conducted at nuke school.  There is a set method, in everything from the way you take notes to the way homework is turned in each day.  It's best to get you acquainted with these practices while teaching familiar topics before moving on to the more difficult stuff.
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2010, 10:14 »
Very well said. SO far class is easy. No problems yet. I thought the study hours would be pretty daft, but if your actually studying, doing homework, or just something pertaining to class time really flies.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?