Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear-trained Coners! honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear-trained Coners!  (Read 7738 times)

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
Nuclear-trained Coners!
« on: Jun 07, 2010, 01:45 »
Are you considering joining the Navy's prestigious nuclear power program, but don't want to be stuck in the engineering dept?  Well, then you're in luck!  The navy is now training Sonar Technicians and Fire Control Technicians in its nuclear program!

http://www.navy.com/navy/careers/nuclear-energy/nuclear-operations.html
MACHINIST'S MATES (MM) operate and maintain steam turbines and reduction gears used for ship propulsion and auxiliary machinery such as turbogenerators, pumps and oil purifiers. They also maintain auxiliary machinery outside of main machinery spaces, such as electrohydraulic steering engines and elevators, refrigeration plants, air conditioning systems and desalinization plants. They may also operate and maintain compressed gas producing plants. Nuclear-trained MMs perform duties in nuclear propulsion plants operating reactor control, propulsion and power generation systems.

ELECTRICIAN'S MATES (EM) are responsible for the operation of a ship's electrical power generation systems, lighting systems, electrical equipment and electrical appliances. The duties include installation, operation, adjustment, routine maintenance, inspection, test and repair of electrical equipment. EM's also perform maintenance and repair of related electronic equipment. Nuclear-trained EMs perform duties in nuclear propulsion plants operating reactor control, propulsion and power generation systems.

ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANS (ET) are responsible for electronic equipment used to send and receive messages, computer information systems, long range radar, and calibration of test equipment. They maintain, repair, calibrate, tune, and adjust electronic equipment used for communications, detection and tracking, recognition and identification and navigation. Nuclear-trained ETs perform duties in nuclear propulsion plants operating reactor control, propulsion and power generation systems.

FIRE CONTROL TECHNICIANS (FT) operate, test and maintain submarine combat control systems. They participate in weapons handling functions and operate and maintain non-tactical computer systems and peripherals. They are responsible for a huge array of weapons, which can include torpedoes, Tomahawk® cruise missiles and even nuclear ballistic missiles capable of reaching anywhere in the world.

SONAR TECHNICIANS, SUBMARINES (STS) operate a submarine’s sonar, oceanographic equipment, and auxiliary sonar to conduct underwater surveillance, collect scientific data and track enemy targets. They also perform maintenance on the submarine’s highly sensitive, highly classified sonar hardware.

Beyond being capable of general duties, each of these specialized ratings requires additional “A” school training to earn required qualification in the Nuclear Field (NF). The submarine-based ratings also require training at Submarine School.
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Nuclear-trained Coners!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2010, 02:33 »
Yay! More rad sponges!

Offline Andean

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2010, 04:02 »
Either that is the worst job of copy and paste ever by a clueless recruiter admin type and whoever reviews thier work, or the navy has REALLY changed in the two months since I retired as a Navy Nuke Submariner.   I'm betting its wrong.
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2010, 04:04 by Andean »

Duchess

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2010, 06:51 »
I vote for worst copy/paste.  I'm pretty sure no one at NRC really looks at the marketing contractor's work.  You should see some of the brochures that are floating around out there.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2010, 09:38 »
I'm also voting for bad copy/paste job.  Of course, the part about "A" school training being required for qualification in the nuclear field. Or, the part about submarine based ratings requiring additional training at Submarine School.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2010, 10:02 »
It is almost certainly a bad copy/paste job.  Somebody obviously didn't check their work.  I hope nobody thought the original post was intended to be anything more than a satire...
 :)
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline jshinevar

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2010, 12:02 »
Oh no... no coners in Nuke school... there are too many messed up nukes as it is.  I should give this article to some of the FT's/STS's I know... and watch them freak out.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2010, 12:18 »
Oh no... no coners in Nuke school... there are too many messed up nukes as it is.  I should give this article to some of the FT's/STS's I know... and watch them freak out.

they will certainly love the trophy avatar!  :P

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2010, 02:28 »
ST's in nuke school? They'd better double the hot water capacity in the barracks. :P

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2010, 11:18 »
Looks like they fixed it.

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2010, 11:08 »

You seem like a very bitter man, what is up with that...
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2010, 01:23 »
You seem like a very bitter man, what is up with that...

Yeah...but he has a hot girlfriend and likes to show her off to thousands of Nukeworker strangers, what could possibly be wrong with that? ;) yaaarrgh (no pirate smileys available)

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2010, 07:02 »
Yeah...but he has a hot girlfriend and likes to show her off to thousands of Nukeworker strangers, what could possibly be wrong with that? ;) yaaarrgh (no pirate smileys available)

Haha, I am sure that there is a way to make one ;)

http://i3.tinypic.com/ziwyrl.gif
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2010, 07:04 by Jechtm »
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?