Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tuition Assistance? honeypot

Author Topic: Tuition Assistance?  (Read 6071 times)

nrlien

Tuition Assistance?
« on: Sep 05, 2009, 10:10 »
Have any of you took advantage of your company's tuition assistance program? If so, how does it work? I have a B.S. in Finance and wouldn't mind persuing an online MBA (ya know, with all the free time I will have in ops, haha, but it's worth a shot). Curious to see what hoops, if any, you had to jump through.

formerET1Han

Re: Tuition Assistance?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2009, 01:19 »
My company does not pay for graduate degrees, though there is an educational assistance program that is basically designed to assist in getting undergrad degrees useful to the company.

Offline tr

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2009, 05:37 »
It pretty much depends on the company as to how it works.  The two utilities I worked for required you to pay for the class up front.  You then got reimbursed when you could turn in paperwork showing you passed the class.  Some utilities also have arrangements with local colleges or the University of Phoenix to offer MBA programs onsite.  Check with your HR department to see what your company offers.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2009, 10:27 »
Check with your company, Mine only paid after the class. If I had a B they paid 50 percent and 80 percent for an A. It also had to be approved. No bowling, basketweaving etc.

stownsend

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2009, 11:16 »
BSA at Brookhaven offers 75% up front for undergraduate work and the additional 25% after graduation. 100% post grad work up front.

JsonD13

« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2009, 02:33 »
Xcel offers around 5K per year for TA.  The courses have to be approved through HR and they do not necessarily realize what degrees may be related to your job though.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?