Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The Greens' Nuclear Identity Crisis

Author Topic: The Greens' Nuclear Identity Crisis  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
The Greens' Nuclear Identity Crisis
« on: Mar 18, 2016, 10:49 »
The Greens’ Nuclear Identity Crisis

Three and a half decades ago, California’s most prominent greens were getting arrested by the hundreds trying to prevent the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant from even opening. Now, in the name of climate change, some of the state’s highest-profile environmentalists are campaigning to keep that same plant from closing.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431460/nuclear-energy-greens-support
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2016, 10:50 by Marlin »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: The Greens' Nuclear Identity Crisis
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2016, 12:26 »
The Greens’ Nuclear Identity Crisis

Three and a half decades ago, California’s most prominent greens were getting arrested by the hundreds trying to prevent the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant from even opening. Now, in the name of climate change, some of the state’s highest-profile environmentalists are campaigning to keep that same plant from closing.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431460/nuclear-energy-greens-support

only because they were driven by emotion then, and are driven by emotion now,...

I shed not one tear for them in their emotional distress through the decades,...

those who refuse to grow up, those who prefer to chase dreams of perpetual infantile gratification;

they deserve all the emotional distress they inflict on themselves,... [coffee]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2016, 03:52 »
Son of a Gun!

I was a 'green' when I entered the Nuclear Field (1964) and still am!  I guess I saw what others didn't see back then.  But, I guess I was not forceful enough to sway folks that thought nuclear was not 'green'!  (But, then we didn't have computers or communication sites)!

I recycle on all levels selected locally, sometimes have to pick through the trash that my wife puts in.

'Green', is one thing, 'anti' is another!  If you've ever been around a wind site, while the production is 'green', the local effects are black!  That's why the residential restriction is so great (and why a 'wind' site has to be so big, i.e., take up so much area)! 

"Green" is how you perceive it!

[SadPanda] :old: [beer]
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2016, 11:38 »
You can't pump out all those top-rated UC Berkley Nuclear Engineering degrees without at least one instate option to tickle the dragon...

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2016, 02:00 »
You can't pump out all those top-rated UC Berkley Nuclear Engineering degrees without at least one instate option to tickle the dragon...

the dragon,.....diablo,....coincidence?!?!?!

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2016, 02:39 »
Those are pretty high cliffs in the picture.  Which building houses the emergency generators? :D :D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?